Close
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ogenwrot View Post
    I was planning on coming down to this one but after reading a lot of the comments I'm not sure it's worth my drive. I'm running an EOTech with no magnification and a buddy was going to run irons. If only 10% of the targets are from 100 yards in I'm gonna waste a bunch of ammo. From the pictures it looks like everybody is using magnification. Is it worth my time?
    First year I started shooting this match (When Hoser took it back over) I used a M&P15T with a Holosight (Eotech 511) and did fairly decent. If you know how to read the wind and have a good idea of how much holdover you need then you'll have a great time.

The reason you see alot of us running Variable Optics is because majority of us shoot consistently in Multi-gun matches, where its a must in the division we shoot in to stay competitive in those "BIG" matches.

But something thats low key like our matches, they're more about the fun and learning how to shoot your rifle, yes sure there's a competitive aspect to it, but really its more for the bragging rights for those who care, and allows for me and others to understand we're they're at, so when the bigger matches come up, were not dangling are dogtags in the dirt so to speak.

I could make the same arguement againts the people that shoot scopes too. I shoot a accupoint that costs around a $800. But Hoser uses a S&B Short Dot that you can't even touch for less then $2,100 (and their not getting any cheaper ) So by default, Hoser should always beat me at every rifle match (Ok maybe using Hoser as my example was a bad idea )
    But that hasn't been the case... I DID GET ONE ON HIM

Just bring it out and have fun and learn something about your rifle, hell if you feel that you need to see more people using only reddots, I'll come out there with my ACR with CompM4 Aimpoint and shoot the match, I got nothing to be scared of.
    Last edited by DocMedic; 07-23-2010 at 16:21. Reason: Cause my Grammer sucks.
    E-Rudy.com 25% off coupon: "shoot1298" On Any Rudy Project glasses and gear

I had a great time when I came out last time, shot a scope for the first time. Learned what I did not know.

This month I and coming with my normal A2 to see if I can do better than I did with the optics. Should be fun!

See you all on Sunday.

40X Mafia Member FromMyColdDeadHand's Avatar

Lot's of fun again. Thanks Hoser for having us. Hoping to shoot my LMT MWS maybe at next months, or getting my TA11 back on my JP for the matches. I'm at least starting to learn where I'm dropping points. I don't understand how I can go 4/5 on the prone standards to start with, and then 2/5 as part of the rapids . That and learning how to breath between shots. On the 300 yard stage, those damn positions just got me. I shot that thing till my JP foreend tube got too hot to hold!
    I'll stop buying black rifles when my wife stops buying black shoes.

hi there, I know you probably get this a hundred times a day, but if i brang a 16" middy with irons on it, would that do ok in one of these matches?

Also, does it really matter if i do/dont have any tacticool gear, or is it somewhat required?

(i've got two mags, some extra deep magpouches i call jeans pockets, and an open mind)

a reply would be great.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by leatherneck448 View Post
    hi there, I know you probably get this a hundred times a day, but if i brang a 16" middy with irons on it, would that do ok in one of these matches?

Also, does it really matter if i do/dont have any tacticool gear, or is it somewhat required?
    You would be fine. Sometimes seeing the targets with irons will be a challenge. The targets average 10-12 inch steel plates from 200-300 yards and LaRue Targets past that.

This year we will have a full sized IPSC at 500-525 yards.
    All those moments will be lost in time,
    like tears in rain

Any issue using 308 for this?

Thanks.

Leo
    “Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity”

Quote Originally Posted by Leobj View Post
    Any issue using 308 for this?
    No issue at all. Just be sure the ammo isnt steel core or anything like it.
    All those moments will be lost in time,
    like tears in rain

I'll have my Mk12 upper and optics in the next week or so, and until I build the new lower, I can always run it on my BCM. I look forward to hitting up these matches when I can!
    My Feedback:
    http://www.ar-15.co/threads/13065-Birddog1911?highlight=Birddog1911

Ask me about Duracoat finishes and stock painting.

Fun match with some new challenges: the VTAC wall and a stage on the natural terrain of the shotgun ranges (see pics). Good turnout, looking forward to the rest of these matches this year.

Hoser and Ninja (welcome back) working their butts off.
    Dude, where's my can?

thanks hoser and justin for putting on a great match.

had a ton of fun, hope everyone else did too.

learned a lot, and met some great guys.

I'll be back next month if i can.

thanks guys,

Kenny