Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trunk Monkey

Default Presscheck Consulting INTERMEDIATE ASSAULT RIFLE COURSE - October 14 - 15 - Pueblo West, Colorado

Presscheck Consulting INTERMEDIATE ASSAULT RIFLE COURSE - October 14 - 15 - Pueblo West, Colorado

The Presscheck Consulting Intermediate rifle course is designed to equip patrol and tactical officers with the skills to apply accurate rifle fire in critical situations at varying distances and from various positions.

This 20 hour course stresses the importance of applying offset and holds at various distances and angles to ensure proper point of impact. Various techniques of supporting the rifle to mitigate recoil and stabilize the reticle for proper shot placement.

Training Objectives
    - Provide comprehensive safety briefing discussing the practical application of the 4 firearms safety rules in the real world
    - Definition reviews of Internal, External, and Terminal ballistics, including 100, 200, and 300 yard zero.
    - Zero/confirm zero on all sights.
    - Provide students/officers a chance to have their shooting techniques observed by the trainer in order to provide that student/officer with individual feedback on ways to improve performance in accuracy and speed
    - Engagement of low percentage targets (small strike area often obscured with a hostage or other no-shoot area) from various distances while applying proper hold offs.
    - Shooting moving targets while applying leads (if class progression allows)
    - Shooting on the move (if class progression allows)
    - Drills used to demonstrate POI deviation when cant is applied to the rifle.
    - The student will understand the importance of critical hits and the consequences of a miss, and will be able to diagnose if they are capable of achieving hits at any given moment based upon pre-shot diagnostics of their sights in real time, the hold off of their reticle based upon target distance AND body position and cant of the weapon.
    - This course will enable the student to continue to develop and maintain these skills through the use of clear, repeatable standards.

$550 ($50 range fee for non members of the PWSA range) Register here: https://www.opdsource.com/product-p/32-0007.htm

Instructor Bio:

Presscheck Training and Consulting, LLC. is a Disabled Veteran owned small business founded in 2015 to provide training to Military, Law Enforcement and vetted civilians in marksmanship, tactics, Close Quarters Combat, Urban Operations, and Night Vision as well as other restricted subject matter. Presscheck also provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support to the firearms, tactical, and defense industries in the areas of new product design, business development, and human factors engineering. Presscheck Consulting currently provides various services for B.E. Meyers and Company and Raven Concealment Systems.

SGM(R) Pressburg retired from the Army on 1 Jan 2017 after over 26 years of active service, mostly in Special Operations and Special Missions Units. After Infantry and Airborne Training in 1990, Chuck completed the Ranger Indoctrination Program and was assigned to the 1st Bn, 75th Ranger Regiment.
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Ive taken rifle courses before though not in this format & I regularly shoot tactical rifle matches. After looking @ the link/website I have a couple questions:

Is this limited to law enforcement or just the target audience?

Is the class size capped?

How many hours are classroom/range?

Minimum equipment requirement & expected round count?

Thanks
    Last edited by ChickNorris; 06-19-2019 at 21:00.
    - winning is more than wanting to
    - death is infinite patience
    - delete this

Trunk Monkey

This is an open enrollment class, anyone can attend.

Max class size is 20 - 25 students due to the size of the range.

Class is 20 hours (two 10 hour days). Lecture portion is done one the range and is generally 2 hours give or take. A majority of the time is spent shooting.

Equipment: Carbine with sling and dependable iron sights or optic, at least 3 magazines, and expected round count is around 1,000 rounds.
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Ok. Thank you.

Anything else I need to know but didn't know enough to ask?
    - delete this

Trunk Monkey

www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Trunk Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by ChickNorris View Post
    Ok. Thank you.

Anything else I need to know but didn't know enough to ask?
    No you're good. I shot a match with you last summer. Shooting the tactical matches speed up the learning process just like this class. I always bring extra gear for extra gear for other students so no one is lacking gear. I'm bringing my girlfriend to this class. This will be her first class. The top trainers in the Industry want ALL of us to be better shooters. That's why we are taking the class. I train and teach at work, I'm taking 6 classes this year to increase my skill set and make me a better shooter and trainer. Come out, learn, have fun, partake in the community!!! Hope to see you there!!!!
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Trunk Monkey

Any other CO-AR15 members signed up for this class yet? Tactical Rifle Match this Sunday Aug 25th at Pueblo West Sportsman's Association!
    www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Class, no. Match, always.
    - delete this

Trunk Monkey

www.03designgroup.com

Semper Fi,
    Jeff

Bump for an upcoming class.

Id like to attend but unfortunately I still don't know if I can swing it.
    - delete this