Close
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
    Well, so much for hanging it up this spring! Just got this sweet ride last night. Wasn't intending to buy anything when I stopped by Rocky Mtn HD for a break. Saw this '13 Road King (all stock, how rare is that?!), 5k less miles than my Fat Bob, they did the 10k service and put new tires on it. Made me a deal I couldn't refuse so now it's mine. Can't get over how much more comfortable I am on it than the Dyna and having the storage is awesome (been over 10 years since I had touring type bike). Some Bassani slip-ons on the way so at least it'll sound like a motorcycle and not a sewing maching LOL. Has the detachable windscreen which I'll only use for long rides. Just extended my riding life 10 more years!

Quick pic from an after breakfast ride this morning.

Congrats on staying with motorcycles . Sometimes it takes a different style or brand to keep you on 2 wheels.

If you like the RK you should have tried the Road Glide. I've owned sport & touring bmw's, Dyna, had a few baggers and choppa's over the years. My last ride was an 02 RG which, IMO, combined the best of the HD's in to one package. Throw in a moderate bit of motor work and it was a real rocking ride, be it in town or on those distance rides.
    Like Ray I'm also a fan of year round windshield, you see objects hit it and go. Mmm i bet that would of hurt.
    Last edited by Great-Kazoo; 03-05-2018 at 07:00.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Imagination is the only Weapon, in the War Against Reality

Blog Entries

The Road Glides have always intrigued me because everyone swears they’re the best ride in the Harley lineup. I just can’t get past that 1980’s kind of vibe I get when I see that fairing. Probably should take one for a test ride and see what all of the hype is about.

"I'm working as hard as I can to get my life and my cash to run out at the same time. If I can just die after lunch Tuesday, everything will be perfect."- Doug Sanders

My Feedback

Updated pics

Default What motorcycle(s) do you ride

Well, I took a week off work because I had some unfinished stuff around the house but the big project was this:

Finally got it together long enough for a short ride around the neighborhood. Still needs some adjustment though.
    Last edited by Martinjmpr; 03-13-2018 at 15:04.
    Martin

"When I'm in command, EVERY mission is a suicide mission!" - Zapp Branigan, Democratic Order of Planets

How hard is it to wire lights on a dirtbike that has never had a light?
    Who are you to want to escape a thugs bullet? That is only a personal prejudice, ( Atlas Shrugged)
    "Those that don't watch the old media are uninformed, those that do watch the old media are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by DOC View Post
    How hard is it to wire lights on a dirtbike that has never had a light?
    Depends on the bike. Whatcha looking at?
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

That's the problem. Its like a 100 cc bike with no maker markings. It reminds of a Honda but I can't find the markings. I will take a picture of it. And take this to PM, because I have a few questions about tuning up my Triumph. But the dirtbike doesn't have a battery and I don't know if there is a easy wire to fix up some LED headlights.
    Who are you to want to escape a thugs bullet? That is only a personal prejudice, ( Atlas Shrugged)
    "Those that don't watch the old media are uninformed, those that do watch the old media are misinformed." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by DOC View Post
    That's the problem. Its like a 100 cc bike with no maker markings. It reminds of a Honda but I can't find the markings. I will take a picture of it. And take this to PM, because I have a few questions about tuning up my Triumph. But the dirtbike doesn't have a battery and I don't know if there is a easy wire to fix up some LED headlights.
    PM sent
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

Machine Gunner

Got the Bassani mufflers for the King. Woohoo, nice rumble without being obnoxious haha. The end caps really compliment the look of the bike for me.

GK, the reason I got this one was because I made a killer deal and they didn't have a used Road Glide. I need to make a list of all the bikes I've had over the past 48 years lol. Not sure I can remember them all!

Last edited by Doc45; 03-14-2018 at 10:53.

This thing is pulling at me way more than it should be:

IMG_6034.JPG

https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...521941059.html