Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    CO-AR15 Oldest of the Old Guys BlasterBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The RUST Belt (Peoria, Illinois)
    Posts
    5,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    Membership to the Raton range only costs an annual colonic.
    Need some help here. " Colonic" is not in Mr. Webster's big book. What the hell is an annual colonic???

  2. #12
    Primitive Screwhead Hoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KCOS
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    but it looks like it is going to be a few more years before the 1k range gets finished.
    Frontier has been saying that for the past umpteen years. I am a member there but rarely shoot at the south range and do not/will not shoot at the north range.

    Hopefully one day they will actually do something. Its only been 10-15 years.
    Weapon out and belly in, Tales told of battles won.
    Of things we've done, Caligula would grin

  3. #13
    Gives a sh!t; pretends he doesn't HoneyBadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    14,676
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    Frontier has been saying that for the past umpteen years. I am a member there but rarely shoot at the south range and do not/will not shoot at the north range.

    Hopefully one day they will actually do something. Its only been 10-15 years.
    What's it going to take to make it happen? Do we just need more money or what? Increasing the membership to 1500 should be bringing in a lot more membership money every year.
    My Feedback

    Stronger Every Day.

    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." -Frederic Bastiat

    “I am a conservative. Quite possibly I am on the losing side; often I think so. Yet, out of a curious perversity I had rather lose with Socrates, let us say, than win with Lenin.”
    ― Russell Kirk, Author of The Conservative Mind

  4. #14
    Primitive Screwhead Hoser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    KCOS
    Posts
    7,671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
    What's it going to take to make it happen? Do we just need more money or what? Increasing the membership to 1500 should be bringing in a lot more membership money every year.
    I poked, prodded, begged for years. Then gave up.

    It takes a lot of $$$ to put up berms at 600 and 1,000 yards. The flooding the past couple years also took a lot of funds to repair. I fear anything past 300 yards will never happen.

    The south range is an awesome site, hopefully one day it will be better.

    That said, people that shoot past 200-300 yards are maybe 5-10% of the membership. Spending all that money for a huge minority is not going to make the board any fans.
    Weapon out and belly in, Tales told of battles won.
    Of things we've done, Caligula would grin

  5. #15
    I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Thornton, CO
    Posts
    41,943
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBob View Post
    Need some help here. " Colonic" is not in Mr. Webster's big book. What the hell is an annual colonic???
    I was trying to refer to New Mexico cops doing anal cavity searches. I didn't come across well. Carry on.
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

  6. #16
    Gives a sh!t; pretends he doesn't HoneyBadger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Santa Maria, CA
    Posts
    14,676
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
    I poked, prodded, begged for years. Then gave up.

    It takes a lot of $$$ to put up berms at 600 and 1,000 yards. The flooding the past couple years also took a lot of funds to repair. I fear anything past 300 yards will never happen.

    The south range is an awesome site, hopefully one day it will be better.

    That said, people that shoot past 200-300 yards are maybe 5-10% of the membership. Spending all that money for a huge minority is not going to make the board any fans.
    Bummer about the lack of progress over the years I would think that completing the 1k yd range would attract a ton of new members, but it's a complicated equation and I'm frequently wrong about this sort of thing.
    My Feedback

    Stronger Every Day.

    "When law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law." -Frederic Bastiat

    “I am a conservative. Quite possibly I am on the losing side; often I think so. Yet, out of a curious perversity I had rather lose with Socrates, let us say, than win with Lenin.”
    ― Russell Kirk, Author of The Conservative Mind

  7. #17
    Machine Gunner Colorado Osprey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Kinda near Peyton, CO
    Posts
    1,341

    Default

    Dead thread resurrection-
    Went shooting at Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex this morning... just like a hundred other folks had the same idea
    Most were shooting paper at 100-300 yards and only range 3 was open. At 8am they had almost an hour wait for a table.
    At 9:30 they opened range 1 and range 2. My son and I were on range one tagging the grapefruit size steel balls and plate at 619 yards when a cease fire was called as some pronghorn wandered onto the range. I tried poking out to 1000 yards, but man that is FAR!! Took a few rounds to walk them in on the steel plates. Never hit the steel but I was "This close"
    Overall a great morning!
    I say lets all remove the warning labels and let nature take its course.

  8. #18
    Not a Dude ChickNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    I know where Sartre was when he wrote: Hell is other people. ----- Denver
    Posts
    8,661

    Default

    I shot a prs match there last December on that range. Great match.

    Looking forward to it again this year.
    - winning is more than wanting to
    - death is infinite patience
    - any white rabbit would do

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •