Close
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Avoid Gun Smoke In Denver

Sorry if this is a dupe, but the search function sucks. If you hadn't heard about what Gun Smoke is up to, you can find the information on KHOWs website with Tom Martino May 5 and 6.

Apparently, Gun Smoke charged a woman for a handgun purchase prior to running the NCIS check. She didn't pass the check, and the owner refused to give her a refund. Claimed he would consign the pistol for her and take his 20% off the cost. What an asshole. I'll make sure I never do business with them if their doing this.
    My Feedback:
    http://www.ar-15.co/threads/13065-Birddog1911?highlight=Birddog1911

Ask me about Duracoat finishes and stock painting.

Blog Entries

When I searched "gunsmoke", the first link is...

http://www.co-ar15.com/forums/showth...light=gunsmoke

Tada
    Quote Originally Posted by crays View Post
    It doesn't matter how many rifles you buy...they're still cheaper than one wife, in the long run.
    Coarf Feedback

!@E(#@! Every single time I try to search on this site it gives me some crappy 4 word rule and doesn't run the search! Your internet fu is stronger than mine...
    My Feedback:
    http://www.ar-15.co/threads/13065-Birddog1911?highlight=Birddog1911

Ask me about Duracoat finishes and stock painting.

RRD3

I purchased my first rifle there. I then got my CCW with 4 of my friends.
    Everyone was smiles. Shortly after those purchases my friends and I get a weird cold feeling from them.
    To ask may be but a moment's shame, not to ask and remain ignorant is a lifelong shame.
    - Jigoro Kano

I'll 2nd and 3rd this.

I never bought a gun from them but did have a lot of work done on a Commander before I knew better and took my CCW class there - The class was just because I couldn't find the original of any of my certs from the other classes I took, and Dick was cheap and over in an evening. Reminded me of a group of carnies, and not in the good way (there has to be something good about carnies, right?)

From nearly getting angry with me when I wouldn't accept a 2lb trigger on a carry gun, trying to charge me for replacing my adjustable Videki trigger because the 1991 came with plastic and since it was in there they must have done it, sending to the wrong company for the wrong finish, to stamping a huge copy of their logo on my slide, their gunsmithing services are as despicable as their sales practices.

I wasn't going to leave it in their bumbling hands to "make right", so I just paid for what was done right (as far as I could tell, it wasn't much) and got the hell out of there
    A plan is just a list of things that don't happen.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Industry Partner/Site Admin spleify's Avatar

This place just might have the biggest bunch of scumb bags in Denver.

Before I was familiar with the area and who was who, and what was what, I went in there after doing a Google search for gun stores Denver. They popped up and I am in that neighbor hood a couple times a week.

I was looking to get some work done on my 1911, so I stopped in there to check them out. Again, not knowing any better, a guy would walk in that place and they had 1911's everywhere, all the employees where wearing them. It seemed like the right place to take my gun.

I wanted a new trigger, trigger job, hammer, and beaver tail grip safety. They told me I could bring in my own parts so that way I knew for sure I was getting what I wanted......

I ordered all the parts from Brownells, got them in and they were just what I wanted. I brought all the parts and gun in to Gunsmoke, they told me 2-3 weeks. At the 3 week mark I called to check status, they told me it would be a couple more days....4 weeks.....5 weeks.....6 weeks......finally when I called them I said I needed the gun back and this was getting really frustrating. This was on a Thursday, Friday afternoon they called and said the gun was done and ready. I went by first thing Saturday morning. The gunsmith doesnt work Saturdays, so the dumb ass counter guy brings the gun out. ITS GOT THE WRONG FUCKING PARTS ON IT!!!!!! How in the world does this even happen, I told the guy these were not my parts and wanted to talk to the smith, he said he's not here today, but he probably put these on here because they are better......?????? Are you fuckin kiddin me, I spent almost $200 on the parts and got what I thought were the best ones and the ones they put on were junk, in fact the grip safety wasnt even a beaver tail, it was used and he ground it down so the hammer would work.

He said I could leave it there and the smith would call me and we could see what was up. I told him straight out "FUCK NO AND FUCK YOU" Of coarse they still charged me for it, thats fine I paid and the last thing I said to them as I walked out was, " I have never been deceived so badly by a company and I would mother fuck them to everyone EVERY chance i got" He tried to say something to me as I was walking out, but I just kept going, never heard what he said and don't really care.

What a bunch of low life scumb bags, I wouldn't go if it was the last place in the world and they had everything.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DONT EVER GO THERE AND PLEASE TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF LOW LIFES THESE PEOPLE ARE!!!!!
    Certified NRA Instructor, ask me about CCW classes
    info@mhdft.com Mile High Defensive Firearms Training, LLC

/l , [____],
    l----L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)------)_) Jeep ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

www.paracordwraps.com The Art of Survival

My Feedback + 50 lost during the site crash

Oh, yeah and in the end, I ended up ordering all the parts AGAIN from Brownells and doing the mods myself........

/l , [____],
    l----L -OlllllllO-

Repost Police (aka: Cupcake) Irving's Avatar

Spleify, maybe you should give them another chance. I went in there to look for a shoulder stock for my 870 once. The guy insulted to my face the parts that I already had on the gun, and they had a bunch of poor condition factory synthetic stocks for the low low price of $98.

Haha you funny Stu, I will never go in there again. In fact when I drive past it a speed up so I can get by that shit whole faster

/l , [____],
    l----L -OlllllllO-