Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Paper Hunter

Fun Match and great weather. Thanks Hoser and Dino and everyone who helped set up/run match. Always learn something watching and talking with lots of good shooters. Always seems to cost me money as well as I usually see some piece of gear that "I have to have". Came home with a very nice bag (thanks Stew)

Team Burris

Those "have to haves" have cost me thousands over the years. Just do it an don't think about it and justify it as a necessity for shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenc23 View Post
    Fun Match and great weather. Thanks Hoser and Dino and everyone who helped set up/run match. Always learn something watching and talking with lots of good shooters. Always seems to cost me money as well as I usually see some piece of gear that "I have to have". Came home with a very nice bag (thanks Stew)
    will work for:
    bullets primers & brass

Team Burris
    XTR II 4 x 20 SCR
    XTR II 5x25 SCR
    XTR II 3x15 SCR

Hawkins Precision

Bighorn Actions

This past Saturday we had a bunch of people come out for the match.

One very notable thing happened... A new shooter using borrowed gear showed up and cleaned everyones clock. His main experience was shooting smallbore (aka 22) 3P matches showing all you need is fundamentals and you can do well. Also showing that you shouldn't overlook the training value of shooting 22s.

Huge thanks to Team Burris for bring out the new Burris Spotting scope so all of us could get a sneak peek at the good stuff coming out of Burris.

Thanks to everyone for making this match happen. Without people helping, this match and others like it need help to continue on.

Last month someone borrowed a shooting mat and forgot to return it to the owner. If you are that person, please contact me and I will get you in touch with the owner. Also someone left behind a magazine last month. Contact me to claim it.

Next Sunday, 23 April is the Tactical Rifle Match and the Sunday after that, 30 April is the Rimfire Precision Rifle Match. See you there.

The old Pikes Peak prop that Eddie Rhodes made for us many years ago got dragged out. Turned out to be difficult until you figured out to grab ahold of the prop and your bipod.
    Measuring a summers day
    I only find it slips away to grey
    The hours, they bring me pain

Huge thanks to WiseAsset, TimK and Stew for volunteering to cover for me when it looked like I would not be back in town for todays match.

We finished up before it got too hot and had fun shooting at the now legless and tailless coyote.

Carl B shot an excellent match with his 20 inch AR-15 hitting 34 out of 40 targets. Pretty damn solid shooting.

The position of the day was sitting, unsupported off a pack. No sticks or bipods allowed. Turned out to be pretty damn hard.

Scores went out, let me know if you didn't get them.
    Measuring a summers day

For this Saturdays match, you know the drill. There will be two matches. One will start at 8:30 and the second at noon. Space in both the 8:30 and 12:00 matches is limited, so please send an email to chris "at" 3gunstuff.com to get signed up.
    Measuring a summers day

Those of you that skipped last saturdays match missed a fun time.

Measuring a summers day

It turned out to be an excellent day to shoot. Perfect temps, light breeze and good friends.

Huge thanks to the people that stepped up to run things when it looked like I would be in Florida flying hurricane support missions. I really appreciate it.

The position of the day was the short tank trap. Like really short. If you put too much pressure it rocked, not enough and your crosshairs danced around. The thought of this prop, for me anyway, your out Elk hunting and you see a big bull at 450 yards and you can't go prone because of the weeds but there is an old stump to use as a rest. There was several different ways to skin this cat. Even an 81 year old was willing to come play with us and Stu brought out his 16 inch 260.

The small target for the day was a 3x5 plate. Everyone hit it at least once. The other difficult target was a 6x6x6 triangle. If you hold center you don't have much room for wind errors, hold low you might miss under, ect. I missed that damn thing twice, once off sticks and once off the tank trap.

Traust shooting bags were used by a huge majority of the shooters.

Results went out last night. Let me know if you didn't get them.

Measuring a summers day

Blog Entries

I'll be glad to get back and shoot this match, which should be just in time for it to be shut down for the winter. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by TheBelly View Post
    I'll be glad to get back and shoot this match, which should be just in time for it to be shut down for the winter. LoL
    Good thing this match runs year round...
    Measuring a summers day

Shiggy looks like a gamer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Gretzky View Post
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take