Close
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Pueblo Precision Field Rifle Match

Starting January 2015 Pueblo West Sportsmans Assn and Pikes Peak Practical Shooters will host the Precision Field Rifle Match. 8:30 start time and a 12:00 start time. $10 per entry. 3rd Saturday, year round.

Pueblo West Sportsmans Assn
    600 East Loma Drive
    Pueblo West CO 81007

20 shooter max for the 8:30 match and 25 shooter max for the noon match. If you do not sign up ahead of time you do not get to shoot. To get signed up, go to practiscore and look for Hosers Steel under the clubs tab or click on the link below. You don't pay when you sign up, you pay at the match.

https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel

All centerfire calibers from 223 - 300 Win Mag are legal. 3200 fps speed limit. No bullet weight restrictions.

No tracer or steel core ammo allowed. If a magnet sticks to it, leave it at home. You will not like the $500 fine for using the above and I wont like my targets getting torn up.

5 shots per string (2 strings) off sticks. 90 seconds per string.
    5 shots per string (2 strings) off pack/ruck. 90 seconds per string.
    5 shots per string (2 strings) prone. 30 seconds per string.
    5 shots per string (2 strings) to be revealed at match. 30-90 seconds per string. Expect 55 gallon grums, VTAC walls, weak shoulder, ect.

Two divisions. Semi-Auto and Bolt/Manual Action.

Start position for all strings will be bolt closed for most strings, however the start position could vary. When the buzzer goes off shooter will engage all five targets. Hit or miss the shooter will advance to the next target. Like the prairie dog matches of days gone by, only hits count. There is no penalty for misses. Shooting late or not shooting will result in a penalty. Targets will be shot in order, large to small except on the prone string where you start on the small target. This will make things easier on the Range Officer and Spotter. If a target is shot out of order there will be no penalty, however only the first attempt on a target is scored.

Each string is 5 shots that will be shot twice for a total of 10 shots per position. Total round count is 40.

Shooting sticks may have one, two or three points of contact and saddles may be used. You may not be any lower than sitting.

While shooting off a pack, no part of the rifle may touch the ground.

While shooting prone, a bi-pod or tri-pod may be used.

The "Position of the month" details will be given at the range on match day and will vary from month to month.

If you can not comply with a shooting positions criteria, you can shoot it however you want but hits will only be worth half (5 vs 10 points) value.

There is no minimum age limit. It is up to you as the parent to decide what is too young.

Slings will not be required, but could be very helpful.

Distance for all targets will be 300 yards. Approx target shapes and sizes will be
    10 inch round or diamond
    8 inch round or diamond
    6 inch round or diamond
    4 inch round or diamond
    3x5 or some other wickedly ugly target

Dinosdeuce are I are the match directors. Hit us up with any questions you might have.
    I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Team Burris

This will be a great match to shoot other then on your belly. There are plenty of those around. I am really looking forward to being able to shoot different positions on the clock. PWSA has gone through a lot of trouble to keep the range one of the best shooting facilities you have the privilege to squeeze a trigger at a target. Hoser is just keeping us shooting. Thanks dude!!!!
    will work for:
    bullets primers & brass

Team Burris
    XTR II 4 x 20 SCR
    XTR II 5x25 SCR
    XTR II 3x15 SCR

Hawkins Precision

Bighorn Actions

The match was a ton of fun and a huge success in the attendance department. Everyone that I talked with seemed to really be having a good time, and while challenging, not impossible either.

Great job as usual Hoser!!!

Missing Man on a Milk Carton islandermyk's Avatar

I think this face says a lot.... 20150117_135425.jpg

I'm really pleased seeing you guys out there... God that was so much fun!
    Last edited by islandermyk; 01-17-2015 at 19:15.
    Whore monger Mike!

Slinging coconuts since ever since...

Tims Favorite Dick

Yep, awesome time with a good group of men and women. But I must say, when your buddy out shoots you with your own rifle, it kinda blows!!

Nice work Hoser! Awesome to get that level of turn out for the match. I hope it keeps up!

Thanks,

James
    ***Proudly sponsored by US Optics and Patriot Defense***

Had a great time & it was good to see everyone again.

A big THANKS to Hoser for keeping the dream alive.

Turns out I can shoot without laying on the ground ! Who would have guessed.
    Take no Prisoners, and shoot the Wounded

My Feedback Thread

Default Pueblo Precision Field Rifle Match

Zach I told you you could have my magazine to shoot the match. Super fun match thanks Hoser

A storm is coming ...

One of the cool things about yesterday was two of my friends that are somewhat new to this type of shooting, showing up and kicking butt.

Jon shot my Accuracy International AW in 308 and kicked butt. He had never shot off sticks before much less with a borrowed gun at a 3x5 inch target at 300 yards. He just grabbed my old school sticks and started hammering away.

Sarah MFB came down from the Olympic Training Center and shot my LaRue OBR in 6 Grendel that forum member AKA-Spook built for me. She would finish the day with the second highest score despite a pink Magpul MOE grip.

Another cool thing was seeing all my friends that I had not seen in a few months since we hung up the Prairie Dog matches.

See you next month.
    I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Paintball Shooter

Loved the Match, Hoser! Don't get to shoot these positions regularly. Will be back for more!