Close
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 29343536373839

I think I'm averaging a gun every three shows or so. Today except for that PC and a weird retro bushy build that only fixed handle fetishists like me would appreciate I can't say I saw anything that I would consider a deal, whether on things I was interested in or not. I was hoping to find an ok to good deal on a 9mm P239 or M1 Carbine but alas it wasn't to be. Did get a pair of skinny handguards really cheap so it wasn't a total waste, and every now and then I get a deal like a $300 P07 or somesuch that makes up for the less stellar trips.

Varmiteer

$12 vs. $10 and walking away, gun people are cheap, very cheap.

Haven't had much luck at the shows recently. I'll wait and see if they get better before returning.
    Last edited by 10x; 09-22-2018 at 19:21.

Paper Hunter

Picked up an ace conversion kit in the box - before I realized how much mags for it are

Gun seller next to my booth is selling out and plans to give up the FFL after the inventory is all gone.
    Sold 1 gun at cost and 4 at a loss. He has mostly AR's, but did sell a Gen4 Glock today.

Foot traffic was down today, our sales were not what we were hoping for!
    Did turn a friend onto a semi-auto UZI receiver that I saw on another friends table.
    Gent near me had a few barreled kits, and a good selection of FAL, L1A1 and barrels.

Richard
    APEX Gun Parts
    719-481-2050 Order Line
    3105 North Stone Avenue
    Colorado Springs, CO 80907
    Mon-Fri 9am to 4:30pm MT
    www.apexgunparts.com

High Power Shooter electronman1729's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waffles View Post
    It's $12 now, and saw a few people mumbling and turning away due to the extra $2. Sheeeeyit I wish $2 was my worst financial choice at the gun show

There's also a table with a new Ruger PC for $485 that I had real trouble turning down.
    Are down for splitting the cost of buying our own hand stamp? We could stamp peoples hands in the parking lot for $5.
    Sure its easy to copy the emblem. Its not like the staff really check the details when going back in. Down side would be you couldn't use it right at 9am as that might raise suspension.
    Last edited by electronman1729; 09-22-2018 at 20:25.
    Deplorable millennial born 30 years too late

Well, the Denver Post had a review of the show:

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/09/2...enver-vendors/

TannerSucculents.jpg

The reporter, Sam Tabachnick, seemed turned off by the firearms part of the show, and was happily impressed with the sales of succulents, scents, and spices.
    I hope he paid his $12 and wasn't a guest of the show.

One of the comments after the article that set the tone for me:
    "As guns become more and more passe, maybe their proponents are coming to feel their sensitive and feminine side."
    It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison 1778

BladesNBarrels Feedback

And if you decide to waste $12 going to a crappy indoor flea market, which is what the Tanner Gun Show has deteriorated into, make sure to get your money's worth by stopping by and visiting 'Dan, the AK Man' at his table for some lively conversation. He doesn't have fruity candles or spices or 'succulents', but you may be able to pick up a variety of Asian, Russian, or Eastern European banana clips.
    Hahaha

I first stopped to chat with Dan back in probably 2012. I thought he was just hyping things up for business, but holy shit, the more I listened to him, the more certain I was he believed what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post

And if you decide to waste $12 going to a crappy indoor flea market, which is what the Tanner Gun Show has deteriorated into, make sure to get your money's worth by stopping by and visiting 'Dan, the AK Man' at his table for some lively conversation. He doesn't have fruity candles or spices or 'succulents', but you may be able to pick up a variety of Asian, Russian, or Eastern European banana clips.

Hahaha

I first stopped to chat with Dan back in probably 2012. I thought he was just hyping things up for business, but holy shit, the more I listened to him, the more certain I was he believed what he said.
    Plenty of fruit and nuts in the mix if you were near Dan.

He certainly didn't have an exclusive on character. Very eclectic bunch that were regulars there. Working the show was always a hoot.
    Last edited by brutal; 09-23-2018 at 11:08.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Paintball Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    $12 vs. $10 and walking away, gun people are cheap, very cheap.

Haven't had much luck at the shows recently. I'll wait and see if they get better before returning.
    i go for the bsing, and feel its a bonus if i find something i want. found a burris 1-4 with fast fire on it up in longmont for 150.... screaming deal imho....vortex is like 120-150, but i feel the burris is clearer, plus they local...

i can return parts to you guys at shows apex? i bought a couple rear sight blocks that wont work on my build