Close
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tims Favorite Dick

Too much fun today. According to the Kestrel we had winds of 19.2 MPH. Holy cow. Thanks for making it happen Hoser.

Paper Hunter

Yep, another fun match. Winds made it a real challenge as the targets got further out.
    Thanks to Zach, Tim, Hoser and everyone else who made it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach O View Post
    Too much fun today. According to the Kestrel we had winds of 19.2 MPH.
    That jives exactly what I was seeing on my last string at 200 meters. 3 mils of wind is right around 20 mph of wind on that little 40 gn bullet.

Saw some crazy vertical changes as well.
    Measuring a summers day
    I only find it slips away to grey
    The hours, they bring me pain

Had a blast today. Love shooting LR 22. Thanks Hoser.

Paper Hunter

Great match with some really good shooters. 47/80 off of sticks is awesome. Thanks to Hoser and all who set up!

Here is link to target if anyone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/rodney.down...9545197&type=3

KYL.jpg
    Last edited by stevenc23; 02-29-2016 at 19:42.

TimK, President of the Woodland Park Chapter of the 40X Mafia and his quiet 40X.

Dan S, an honorary member of the 40X Mafia, having fun shooting the always awesome Remington 40X. One of the most popular rifles at these matches.

Scooter behind his cute little pink rifle while his always awesome coach has lunch.

Lane driving Mom and Dads CZ.

Richard and Steve shooting some targets out at the 200 meter line. Steve and his CZ would tie for first place bolt gun and Richard would win semi-auto.
    Measuring a summers day

WOODSMITH

My favorite match. I'll be coming with at least two and possibly 3 additional shooters.
    "It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your ignorance"

Thomas Sowell

www.timkulincabinetry.com

See our reviews below:

http://www.thumbtack.com/Tim-Kulin-C...service/788419

We had absolutely awesome weather yesterday. Temps in the 70s with a light breeze.

Lots of people managed to connect with the tough targets for the match. A one inch plate at 100 meters and a 2 inch plate at 150 meters.

The Test Your Limits Rack was a huge hit and several people managed to go 8 for 8. Hitting a 1/4 inch target at 39 yards was not an easy shot.

We had several semi autos yesterday. Three AR-15s and one 10-22. Mrs K won semi auto division with a 57 and WiseAsset was hot on her heals with a 56.

With the bolt guns it looks like the old 40X was well represented. 5 of the 17 shooters shooting a bolt gun used a 40X. CZ and Anschutz are the other common rifles.

Lots and lots of people were shooting suppressed. In fact, I didn't put an ear plug in all day.

The next match is Sunday, 27 Nov.

I am going to try and run a match on New Years Day but I need to get approval from the host range. Stay tuned.
    Measuring a summers day

Paper Hunter

Great Match!

Hoser didn't mention that he shot a blistering 88 points out of a possible 94 to win the bolt division. Very impressive shooting!

40X Mafia Member FromMyColdDeadHand's Avatar

Blow me.

Nothing Precision about Michael and my shooting. It was more akin to bullet surfing the winds were so high.my Kestrel went on the Fritz, but it was gusting over 25mph. Right before the start, some wind came in and filled my shooting mat with pea sized gravel. Three mags I had out were full of dust from the wax on the bullets. It wasn't just that it was windy, it was gusting with over a Mil shift in POI at 150 and 200. Driving down from Denver, we were going to shoot no matter what. Great learning experience.

Great to see perhaps the worlds largest gathering of 40x and conversions! Glad to see Hoser again after a few years, and thanks for recognizing me, my son thinks I know people now! . Great to see Dorgan again.
    I'll stop buying black rifles when my wife stops buying black shoes.