Close
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default Pueblo Rimfire Precision Matches

Starting in November 2015 Pikes Peak Practical Shooters and the Pueblo West Sportsmans Assn will begin hosting Precision Rimfire matches on fourth Sundays and other weekends as scheduling and demand require. These matches, like all matches at PWSA, are open to the public.

Pueblo West Sportsmans Assn
    600 East Loma Drive
    Pueblo West CO 81007

This is the normal Tactical Rifle match weekend, but we don't shoot TR Matches on this weekend during the Winter months.

So... to keep us shooting and as lots of people have asked to turn on the rimfire matches again, here we go.

Two rifle divisions. BOLT/MANUAL ACTION and SEMI

22 Long Rifle only. No 22 mag or 17s. They tear up our steel.

All shooting prone or bench. Up to the shooter. You can even shoot off sticks/packs/standing/ect. You can build your own shooting challenge based on your training needs.

Any flavor of optics allowed.

Suppressors allowed and encouraged.

No time limits or bonus points for finishing fast for the morning match. Most stages for the PRS match will have a 90 second time limit.

As of Nov 2017 you need to sign up in advance for BOTH matches at https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel You don't pay when you sign up, you pay at the match.

Like all matches at PWSA, it is open to the public.

The close target will be 40-50 yards. Far target will be 220 yards. Target shapes and sizes will vary from month to month. All targets are steel hanging from conveyer belt like normally seen at long range matches. Plan on 2-3 MOA sized targets at all ranges. There might be an occasional 1 MOA target at the longer distances, just because.

The Test Your Limits rack will be anywhere from 45-50 yards for the precision match and 100-150 yards for the PRS match.

The mover (PRS only) will be around 70-80 yards.

The spinner (PRS only)will be around 50-60 yards.

The round count will be 80 for the normal targets and up to an additional 8 if you clean the Test Your Limits target plate rack. This will allow you to show up with two boxes of ammo and complete the match. For the PRS match there will be 9 stages and will take approx 85-100 rounds.

As always, eye protection is 100% required.

Set up will start at 7:00 and shooting will start at 9:00. The rimfire PRS match will start at 12:00 and is limited to 20 shooters.

Match Fee. The morning match fee is $10 and the PRS Match fee is $15. If you shoot both it is only $20 total.

The noon PRS Match will run after every Precision match and you must sign up in advance via Practiscore.
    https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel

Dates for 2018

28 Jan
    25 Feb
    31 Mar
    29 Apr
    29 Jul
    29 Sep
    25 Nov
    29 Dec

Common target picture.

Measuring a summers day
    I only find it slips away to grey
    The hours, they bring me pain

Tims Favorite Dick

Fantastic!

First 30 day Probationary User

Will this shoot be in Pueblo West or somewhere else? Is it open to everyone? Any age restrictions?

Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbuchner View Post
    Will this shoot be in Pueblo West or somewhere else? Is it open to everyone? Any age restrictions?
    Yes. This match will be held at the Pueblo West Sportsmans Assn.

It is open to the public as are **all** matches at PWSA.

As far as minimum age goes, it is pretty much up to the parent to decide of their child is mature enough. 10-12 is about as young as we have had at some of our rimfire matches.
    Measuring a summers day

Planning on shooting this event. I have a few questions though:
    1) Do I need to email anyone to hold a slot?
    2) Is there any opportunity to confirm zero prior to match start?
    3) Are targets known distance or is ranging required?

Thanks. -Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by BryanC View Post
    Planning on shooting this event. I have a few questions though:
    1) Do I need to email anyone to hold a slot?
    2) Is there any opportunity to confirm zero prior to match start?
    3) Are targets known distance or is ranging required?

Thanks. -Bryan
    1. You need to sign up on practiscore. https://practiscore.com/clubs/hosers-steel
    2. Yes. Very limited. Once the targets are set up until 8:00-9:00.
    3. Distances are known. 50, 75, 100, 150 and 200 meters.
    Measuring a summers day

The first match went off without a hitch. There was a bunch of people there by 8:00 to help get things set up.

16 people came out to play with us.

Mary Beth, just 8 years old, had the guts to come out and show us how it is done.

I got distracted keeping an eye on things and completely forgot to take pictures...

We started shooting for fun around 9:15 and the match started at 10:00. We were done shooting by 2:00 and everything was town down and in the shed by 2:45. The weather was surprisingly nice for late November considering Saturday sucked.

Fun times. Next month. 4th Sunday. In case you don't have a calendar close by, thats December 27th. Come on out unless you are afraid to get beat by a girl.
    Measuring a summers day

40X Mafia Member FromMyColdDeadHand's Avatar

I'm planning on being there with my son. Been too long since I've been down to Pueblo for any match. I'll have to dust off the directions. No new guns to shoot, any issues with two people on one gun? Different flights?
    I'll stop buying black rifles when my wife stops buying black shoes.

Tims Favorite Dick

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I'm planning on being there with my son. Been too long since I've been down to Pueblo for any match. I'll have to dust off the directions. No new guns to shoot, any issues with two people on one gun? Different flights?
    My daughter shoots this match. Just make sure Hoser knows that you would like to shoot in different squads before the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim K View Post
    The weather for this month looks decent, high of 51 predicted.
    Thanks to people like Zach and Tim we will have another match tomorrow. Set up starts at 8:00 and the match starts at 10:00.

This month we will be using some new targets.

We are going to get away from the biathlon steel and be using targets just like we use for long range centerfire matches only scaled down to 1-3 MOA.

We figured out a way to have more people shooting at once and speed things up a bunch. Target array ranges will be 50, 75, 100, 150 and 200 meters.

As soon as we are set up we can shoot at the targets to confirm zeros.
    Measuring a summers day