Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Dueling Tree's

  1. #11
    Master Target Maker
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Greeley ish
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    For those unfamiliar with AR500 thickness ratings, is this only suitable for .22lr, or could one use handgun calibers as well?
    Both our Heavy and Light Tree's are suitable for handgun calibers. The (lite) 1/4" AR500 tree is a little better suited for smaller handgun calibers. The plates swing more reliably with a single hit on these thinner plates. On our (heavy) 3/8" AR550 tree, this works well with all handgun calibers including magnums. (on the smaller calibers, they may not always swing the plates with a single hit) We also have a lot of customers who use these with center fire rifles with great results! (The plates hold up great!)
    http://aatargets.com/

    We specialize in armored steel targetry systems for practical and long range shooting.

  2. #12
    Hatchet Sushi Master Rooskibar03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by banks74 View Post
    Both our Heavy and Light Tree's are suitable for handgun calibers. The (lite) 1/4" AR500 tree is a little better suited for smaller handgun calibers. The plates swing more reliably with a single hit on these thinner plates. On our (heavy) 3/8" AR550 tree, this works well with all handgun calibers including magnums. (on the smaller calibers, they may not always swing the plates with a single hit) We also have a lot of customers who use these with center fire rifles with great results! (The plates hold up great!)

    When you you say smaller Calipers, .22 small or is 9mm gonna struggle to swing them as well?
    Progressive ideology, ideas so good they must be mandatory.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.

  3. #13
    Master Target Maker
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Greeley ish
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooskibar03 View Post
    When you you say smaller Calipers, .22 small or is 9mm gonna struggle to swing them as well?
    A .22 is gonna struggle to swing either tree. (Rim fire plates will be coming the near future!) On our lite tree a 9mm will work great! (9mm, .380, 38sp. to name a few work great on the lite tree) On the heavy tree it will still work good, it just might not always be able to swing the flapper with a single hit. It depends on the distance, ammo, fps etc.
    http://aatargets.com/

    We specialize in armored steel targetry systems for practical and long range shooting.

  4. #14
    Machine Gunner
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    westminster
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Which dealers in the Denver area will be stocking the tree?

  5. #15
    Master Target Maker
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Greeley ish
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    Which dealers in the Denver area will be stocking the tree?
    We are still finalizing some things, so I cannot say yet. I will post up when it is official!

    Also if you have a favorite shop down in the Metro area, we would love to hear who they are. We are working to pick up several dealers down there!
    http://aatargets.com/

    We specialize in armored steel targetry systems for practical and long range shooting.

  6. #16
    Machine Gunner
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    westminster
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    My favorite shops are Ark Tactical in Lakewood and Bristlecone in Lakewood. I also have heard nothing but fantastic things about Damage Factory.

  7. #17
    Machine Gunner
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arvada
    Posts
    1,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by colorider View Post
    My favorite shops are Ark Tactical in Lakewood and Bristlecone in Lakewood. I also have heard nothing but fantastic things about Damage Factory.
    ^^^^ this

    I can vouch for all 3 establishments, they're good people

  8. #18
    Machine Gunner
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    westminster
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    Are these ready for sale? I'm needin some tree !

  9. #19
    Master Target Maker
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Greeley ish
    Posts
    476

    Default

    Yes sir! I'm heading down that way next week on deliveries too. Let me know if you want one.
    http://aatargets.com/

    We specialize in armored steel targetry systems for practical and long range shooting.

  10. #20
    Hello, my name is: KNOWN Gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Castle Rock
    Posts
    4,325

    Default

    What's the 3/8 rated for

    Sent from my Galaxy S7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •