Close
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324
    Gong Shooter

I dont get the reason for the abrupt change. The match had great turnouts and was well run by Matthew and Cy. What prompted this and how does this benefit the match participants?

Hope to see you at he Pueblo West tac rifle matches. No drama, just shooting and no silly A zones.

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCO View Post
    Same match, just a consistent ruleset. If you like to shoot your carbine, come on out and shoot the match. If you like to complain, stay home.
    Very confused why the rules changed to disqualify so many shooters. I saw many people, including myself, using suppressors as that's how we'd actually run our gun. Also being able to run pistols was nice for a lot of people waiting for a stamp to be approved or waiting to afford it as it's not a cheap process. Every USPSA type match I've participated in (rifle and pistol) tend to cater to those who have thousands of dollars in gear rather than gear they'd actually carry CCW or have in their home. Last I check USPSA had the work "PRACTICAL" in the title, and most people run it to be number 1 and not to use practical gear.

40X Mafia Member FromMyColdDeadHand's Avatar

So the the thread for this match that specifically mentioned the new USPSA status is closed, so is this the active thread?

The only thing that pissed me off about the old matches was getting the zoot shooters sloppy seconds and having to use lathe that was more hole and splinter than wood. Kudos to Matt and others for putting matches on in such austere conditions.

On the suppressor and timer issues, that is a problem. It seems that there could be some hardware solution to it- and I'd think the suppressor companies would help overcome it to get better adoption of their gear.

I liked the laid back nature of the matches. Maybe I'll shoot the new matches, maybe I won't. I really need to figure out what makes sense for my and The Boy's schedule.
    I'll stop buying black rifles when my wife stops buying black shoes.

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll liftmorebitchless's Avatar

It seems that there could be some hardware solution to it- and I'd think the suppressor companies would help overcome it to get better adoption of their gear.
    Most newer shot timers can be adjust in sensitivity to pickup suppressors.

Yup see the thread with dissent is locked now.

Actions have consequences - wonder if those who took certain actions regarding this match considered the consequences of their actions.