Close
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    I am my own action figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guylee View Post
    What time are the matches usually over? I'd like to participate but have to work at 4pm on saturdays.
    I'd say as long as you get there early to help set-up, even if you have to leave early, just let Matt know and it is not a problem at all. But, usually, the matches have been over about 3 to 4 pm. I can only assume Matt is going to be a little more efficient and the matches will be over around 2 or so.

The folks who show up 5 minutes before the shooters brief and then leave before their squad is done is what we really don't want to have happen.
    Good Shooting, MarkCO

www.CarbonArms.us
    www.crci.org

40X Mafia Member FromMyColdDeadHand's Avatar

Will we be using the the same sign up system like last time?
    I'll stop buying black rifles when my wife stops buying black shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Will we be using the the same sign up system like last time?
    Yes as it makes things much easier on match day.

We are looking at the weather for any last minute snow but, so far things are looking good for a match on Saturday.

The official match call email will go out on Thursday and, along with it, the link to sign up for the match online using Practiscore.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I can come on Saturday, but I'd like to try this match out. How do I get on the mailing list?

Ultima Ratio Regum - the final argument of kings.

Quote Originally Posted by mattiooo View Post
    I'm not sure I can come on Saturday, but I'd like to try this match out. How do I get on the mailing list?
    We are going to be sending out match call emails via the ECOUSPSA Google Group but you may also want to subscribe to this thread. I'll post it here too.

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

How much ammo do you recommend bringing? And my suppressor was just released from jail, are we allowed to run those at matches?

Edit: I saw the recommendations on the first page, just curious if those were still accurate.
    Last edited by kjeff91; 02-28-2018 at 07:18.

The ammunition quantity is still correct. As far as suppressors go: in the past, we have allowed the use of suppressors as long as we have not had issues with the timers picking up the shot. For the most part, this has never been a problem with rifles shooting 5.56mm but it may be problematic if the competitor is shooting subsonic 300AAC or 9mm ammunition. Ultimately, the decision is up to the Match Director (Matt H.). Saturday's is going to be his first time as MD for this event. As you can imagine, he has his hands full with running this match while making it both safe and fun.

I will take a stab at it and tell you to bring the suppressor with you but please don't be dissapointed if Matt makes the decision to say "no-go" to suppressors. Like I said before, the ultimate authority on equipment restrictions resides with him.

I look forward to seeing you at the range on Saturday!!
    Cy

Quote Originally Posted by cysoto View Post
    The ammunition quantity is still correct. As far as suppressors go: in the past, we have allowed the use of suppressors as long as we have not had issues with the timers picking up the shot. For the most part, this has never been a problem with rifles shooting 5.56mm but it may be problematic if the competitor is shooting subsonic 300AAC or 9mm ammunition. Ultimately, the decision is up to the Match Director (Matt H.). Saturday's is going to be his first time as MD for this event. As you can imagine, he has his hands full with running this match while making it both safe and fun.

I will take a stab at it and tell you to bring the suppressor with you but please don't be dissapointed if Matt makes the decision to say "no-go" to suppressors. Like I said before, the ultimate authority on equipment restrictions resides with him.

I look forward to seeing you at the range on Saturday!!
    Cy
    Thanks Cy! One more question, how many mags do you recommend bringing? I just finished my AR yesterday after not having one for a few years and want to make sure I bring all the right gear. I've been doing a few pistol competitions lately but this will be my first rifle comp.

Quote Originally Posted by kjeff91 View Post
    Thanks Cy! One more question, how many mags do you recommend bringing? I just finished my AR yesterday after not having one for a few years and want to make sure I bring all the right gear. I've been doing a few pistol competitions lately but this will be my first rifle comp.
    Bring at least two 30 rounders (more is better). I always bring 4 loaded forty rounders and' that way, I do not have to worry about loading magazines while at the range.

Quote Originally Posted by cysoto View Post
    Bring at least two 30 rounders (more is better). I always bring 4 loaded forty rounders and' that way, I do not have to worry about loading magazines while at the range.

Thanks, can't wait to go!