Close
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Let's see your "Project" vehicle

My pipe dream has always been to resto-mod an old muscle car/truck/toy. I know I'm not the only one out there, and would like to see your current or long term project you've been working on.

So post so pictures of what you have, and some general info on the build!

I'd start off, but I don't have anything. I wouldn't mind a late 40's early 50's Cab-over Engine truck. A mid 50's truck, a 70's ish high-boy type, and a boat load of various muscle cars.

And Go.....

Default Ol' Roid

This has been mine since high school, learned how to drive in this car in Jr.high, now I'm 58, 2nd owner.
    This started as a plain-jane coupe, 6 banger auto. Never had any real damage but did suffer from South Dakota salt & rust.
    Lots of changes over the years, and I'm still tinkering with the damn thing, LED lights were the latest addition. Maybe SOMEDAY if I ever get back to a positive cash flow I can "finish" it before I die.
    Mustang II IFS, Blue Oval roller 302, (should have gone 351) Holley/Weiand, Modified engine compartmant, 4 speed toploader, (regret not going T-5) 9" rear, disk brakes all around. Stock sort-of interior.

"Brakes are good, tires fair."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robb; 04-15-2017 at 20:07.

Blog Entries

that's a clean engine bay! Wow. nice

Quote Originally Posted by fly boy View Post
    My pipe dream has always been to resto-mod an old muscle car/truck/toy. I know I'm not the only one out there, and would like to see your current or long term project you've been working on.

So post so pictures of what you have, and some general info on the build!

I'd start off, but I don't have anything. I wouldn't mind a late 40's early 50's Cab-over Engine truck. A mid 50's truck, a 70's ish high-boy type, and a boat load of various muscle cars.

And Go.....
    Not mine. Friend's neighbor. Car hauler project truck. Ford cabover with a Cummins 12V. Stupid HP he said, like 1000HP.

He came over to use his sandblaster on the bed frame the day I was there using the shop to finish my DIY silencer.

20170204_150936 (Large).jpg
    20170204_150945 (Large).jpg
    20170204_150954 (Large).jpg
    Last edited by brutal; 04-15-2017 at 23:32.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Blog Entries

Most of my projects these days are of the two wheeled variety.

Here is a shot of my wife's bike when I was lowering it for her.

This belongs to my dad but will some day be mine. Not sure what I'd do with it as I really don't have room or time for it. Carbureted small block Chevy with a four speed manual and air conditioning.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by brutal View Post
    Not mine. Friend's neighbor. Car hauler project truck. Ford cabover with a Cummins 12V. Stupid HP he said, like 1000HP.

He came over to use his sandblaster on the bed frame the day I was there using the shop to finish my DIY silencer.

20170204_150936 (Large).jpg
    20170204_150945 (Large).jpg
    20170204_150954 (Large).jpg
    That's pretty sweet! That's something I would do with a COE too - Rat rod power haus.

Most things I own are projects.

1973 Jeepster Commando, 304 V8, 3spd manual. Spent last fall welding up all the rust, monstalined interior, new seat upholstery, LED taillights.
    Next is the finish replacing rusted out rockers and then body work. The wife likes it, so we drive it around to some car shows and for milkshakes on weekends.

20160611_140914.jpg

20160811_183005.jpg

Other project is 85 GMC, Crew 4x4. Need to do a lift kit and 12V cummins swap. Someday.

gmc.jpg
    Sometimes people trip and fall down stairs.
    Sometimes assholes push people down stairs.
    That doesn't mean "stairs are bad" nor does it make someone who pushes someone down the stairs any less of an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by gnihcraes View Post
    Most things I own are projects.

1973 Jeepster Commando, 304 V8, 3spd manual. Spent last fall welding up all the rust, monstalined interior, new seat upholstery, LED taillights.
    Next is the finish replacing rusted out rockers and then body work. The wife likes it, so we drive it around to some car shows and for milkshakes on weekends.

20160611_140914.jpg

20160811_183005.jpg

Other project is 85 GMC, Crew 4x4. Need to do a lift kit and 12V cummins swap. Someday.

gmc.jpg
    That Commando is awesome! I have fond memories of riding in the back of my uncle's while antelope hunting as a child.

This is my 61 Ford Thunderbird
    Hoping to finish the body work and paint this year and have it complete next year. Planning on bagging it and getting different wheel and tires but mainly just want to get it back on the road and enjoy it with my kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Robb View Post
    This has been mine since high school, learned how to drive in this car in Jr.high, now I'm 58, 2nd owner.
    This started as a plain-jane coupe, 6 banger auto. Never had any real damage but did suffer from South Dakota salt & rust.
    Lots of changes over the years, and I'm still tinkering with the damn thing, LED lights were the latest addition. Maybe SOMEDAY if I ever get back to a positive cash flow I can "finish" it before I die.
    Mustang II IFS, Blue Oval roller 302, (should have gone 351) Holley/Weiand, Modified engine compartmant, 4 speed toploader, (regret not going T-5) 9" rear, disk brakes all around. Stock sort-of interior.

"Brakes are good, tires fair."
    Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk