Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DDT951 View Post
    This is an old thread....

I have done laser engraving on my personal NFA items. It is a pretty straightforward process but my current laser is "small" and to get the required depth takes a while. I have a new laser coming that will do the engraving in minutes.

The problem with doing NFA items is
    1) The SOT. This is something that could be handled by having the person standing there or having someone with an SOT do it.

But the real problem.

I dont know what engraving costs (as I said, I do myself), but I suspect $25-50?

There is a lot of risk with modifying someone's NFA item for them if they dont like something. For $25-50 is it really a good business risk to use a $30K laser system and hope someone likes how it turns out?

Maybe the way to do it is to rent time on a laser system and let people do it themselves...then if they screw it up..their fault...
    Weld CTY is fairly large, where at in WC?
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Imagination is the only Weapon, in the War Against Reality

Paintball Shooter

SW Weld

Paper Hunter

Just got my Form 1 today and had Troy at ColoradoGunWrites in Arvada do the engraving
    Can not say enough good things about the job he did.

Big thumbs up for Colorado Gun Writes

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    Last 2 visits, 25 was like a demo derby. Left lane EXITS NOW cutting of 2 suv's and a loaded 40' cattle carrier . Someone did a DUDE stop in the left lane. When he finally realized everyone but him were stopped. He left more rubber on the pavement than a canal street hooker.
    You must have followed me to work.....that describes most of my morning commutes.

Ultima Ratio Regum - the final argument of kings.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenc23 View Post
    Just got my Form 1 today and had Troy at ColoradoGunWrites in Arvada do the engraving
    Can not say enough good things about the job he did.

Big thumbs up for Colorado Gun Writes
    I agree. Troy does outstanding work.
    Measuring a summers day
    I only find it slips away to grey
    The hours, they bring me pain

Paper Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by HBARleatherneck View Post
    Yes, I know damagefactory does it, I know engrave cave does it, I know Colorado Gunwrites does it. However none of those are in Northern Colorado in my book. Driving to Denver or further is not something I want to ever, ever, ever do. EVER!!!

Has anyone used Colorado Laser Engraving in Fort Collins? http://www.colaserengraving.com/

Other threads mentioned that tacticool in Greeley doesnt actually engrave, they send them off. I dont want to send them off, I want to wait and take them home with me.

Anyone up in Greeley, Fort Collins, Loveland?
    I have had him engrave a lot of stuff for me. Does a great job and pretty good price