Close
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718

Thread: M1 Garands?

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBob View Post
    dogcaller, You are trying to push the pin through, beginning on the same side as the operating rod handle - Right?
    Perhaps it is just the way I am looking at it but can the operating rod catch assembly possibly be just a little bit crooked, blocking the pin to be fully seated.?
    Thanks for looking, Bob. I am confident I am starting from the correct side (though I have tried both). Only one side is recessed to allow the enlarged pin head to fit flush. I agree that it seems to be a little crooked, and is not allowing the pin to fully seat. The trick of it is that I have not been able to find any adjustment or manipulation to correct that issue. Is it typically pretty straightforward, or is there usually quite a bit of wrangling to get it to fit?

Thx!

CO-AR15 Oldest of the Old Guys BlasterBob's Avatar

Sometimes it may take a “ bit of wrangling” to get the pin properly seated especially if the rod catch assy is worn and little bit tilted. Keep at it, it will seat.

CO-AR15 Oldest of the Old Guys BlasterBob's Avatar

With the pin pushed in as far as it will go, look on the other side and into the channels the pin must pass through and you should be able to see exactly where the pin is hung up. Hope you can decipher what I am suggesting. As you can see, i don’t have a great way with words.