Close
    Paper Hunter

Default .458 SOCOM Magazines

Is it legal to load 10 round .458 Socom Magazines that are labeled: "10 ROUND .458 SOCOM" with 5.56 cartridges? They can hold more than 15 rounds of 5.56 just like 15 round .40 S&W magazines can hold more than 15 rounds of 9mm.

They are not high capacity magazines since they are labeled to be 10 round .458 SOCOM magazines so I am thinking this would be legal since this is not specifically banned in Colorado statutes?

Example of such a magazine:

https://parallaxtactical.com/product...d#!prettyPhoto

(Yes, I know the ban is not enforced for the most part...)

Knows How To Lube Brass bobbyfairbanks's Avatar

Seriously I’m pretty sure this has been covered. Use the search function. This post looks like a cut and paste from a previous post so not sure if your trollin or serious. If your intentionally violated a law your wrong and from what your posting your trying to get someone to tell you how to violate the magazine ban. Do what you want and be accountable of the consequences if you knowingly violate a law

Paper Hunter

I'm just trying to understand Colorado's laws.... My posts should show I'm trying to only do what is legal hence why all the magazines I own are 15 rounds or less. I also couldn't find information through the search function. If you could direct me to a thread, that would helpful and appreciated. It's also not a cut and paste post....

I have no intentions of violating CO law and do not violate CO law. That is why I am asking "Is it legal..."
    Last edited by Will1776; 10-01-2017 at 15:20.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyfairbanks View Post
    Seriously Iím pretty sure this has been covered. Use the search function. This post looks like a cut and paste from a previous post so not sure if your trollin or serious. If your intentionally violated a law your wrong and from what your posting your trying to get someone to tell you how to violate the magazine ban. Do what you want and be accountable of the consequences if you knowingly violate a law
    It seems like a perfectly reasonable question to me. Why give a response that is of absolutely no help?

Also, you should read this article:

Your and youíre are among the pairs of homophones even many English native speakers often confuse. Today, we will identify the differences and uses of your and youíreThe word your is the possessive form of the pronoun you and is used as as a second-person possessive adjective meaning ďof or relating to you or yourself or yourselves especially as possessor or possessors.Ē Since it is a possessive adjective, it is always followed by a noun or a gerund, which belongs to or are associated with you.

On the other hand, the term youíre is simply a contraction of the words you and are with an apostrophe in the middle representing the missing letter ďaĒ. Other examples of contractions are wouldnít for would not, arenít for are not, and canít for cannot.

There are two ways to check whether you are using the correct word in your sentence. First, if you are using the term your, there should be a noun or a gerund after it. If there is none, then it probably isnít the right word to use. Second, if you are using youíre in your sentence, you can try to substitute youíre with you are and see if it still makes sense. If not, then you should probably use the term your.

This might be construed as "modifying" a magazine, but that would be a huge reach...
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

Was there ever a real answer to the OP???? This is even more relevant now due to the Denver ban with no grandfathering.

You're asking the internet for legal advice. No matter how authoritative the opinion sounds, nobody here can answer it. Even a lawyer can only give you an interpretation. There is no case law to support anyone's answer anyway. If you'd like to be the guinea pig, then we will all learn something.
    Last edited by mattiooo; 03-01-2018 at 17:25. Reason: Didn't realize it was a thread revival.

Ultima Ratio Regum - the final argument of kings.

If I had a son he would look like....Ben SideShow Bob's Avatar

This has already been done commercially. They are a bit pricey, and are legal in CA........

http://www.calegalmags.com/458-SOCOM...ne_p_1396.html
    Last edited by SideShow Bob; 03-04-2018 at 09:56.
    My T.P. wheeling and dealing feedback is here.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and it stinks more than mine.

Yo Homie, That my chainsaw ?

I bought some dedicated 458 socom mags...they have a follwer that will not keep 223 rounds in the mag.