Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Went through the VIP entrance at Pepsi last fall and they were looking in purses. I asked if they were looking for guns, they said no...liquor.
    I called Dominos and ordered a thin, crusty supreme...they sent me Diana Ross...

Quote Originally Posted by whitbaby View Post
    Went through the VIP entrance at Pepsi last fall and they were looking in purses. I asked if they were looking for guns, they said no...liquor.
    Did they find your hip flask?

It will be of little avail to the people that the laws are made by men of their own choice if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood.
    James Madison 1778

BladesNBarrels Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by BladesNBarrels View Post
    Did they find your hip flask?

Nah, I use a plastic flask at those places.
    Thought it was interesting that they value the revenues of their own liquor revenue$ more than that of human life.
    Last edited by whitbaby; 11-01-2017 at 17:26.
    I called Dominos and ordered a thin, crusty supreme...they sent me Diana Ross...

Haha...yep, it's bottom dollar that wins out. For better or worse

IIRC- I was at the DCPA earlier this year (can't remember which theater) and they were wanding when we were there for Alton Brown. I wasn't carrying (had some alcohol with dinner), but had my knife on me and had to badge my way in with the Knife (kind of absurd). I don't know if I wasn't LE and had a gun on me if they would have let me in... YMMV. For the record- it was Argus.
    "There is no news in the truth, and no truth in the news."
    "The revolution will not be televised... Instead it will be filmed from multiple angles via cell phone cameras, promptly uploaded to YouTube, Tweeted about, and then shared on Facebook, pending a Wi-Fi connection."

Paintball Shooter

Effective Feb 13, 2018, weapons are prohibited at DCPA. Wands and metal detectors are in place to enforce the City’s new policy.

That is disheartening to hear

Paper Hunter

Alright, my wife and I are going to a show at the Ellie in a few weeks. Their website just says they started installing metal detectors at the Buell and will be installing them at the other venues soon. Can anyone confirm they have been installed at the Ellie?

This is such a ridiculous pain in the ass. The website lists knives (of any size) and pepper spray as prohibited as well. I guess the next step for removing any chance I have of defending my family is outlawing strong language.

It is a City of Denver policy so there is no point in arguing with DCPA. I spoke to them last week and all of the new security people and contract K9 teams are happy for the employment. Get there early because the line can get long outside the door. Great soft target if you ask me.
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.

My Feedback

Paper Hunter

For what it's worth I was there last night. No metal detectors, no wands, no patdowns. Security didn't look at me. They did stick a flashlight in my wife's purse, but I'm not sure they really looked in.