Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

Exclamation 12-9-17 Colorado Rifle Club Toys for Tots Two Gun Match (RESULTS POSTED)

Quick Fun match for a great cause. If you have questions you can post here. I usually check daily.

Thank you.

TOYS FOR TOTS RIFLE-PISTOL FUN MATCH and CLINIC

This is a fun match geared toward service rifles. Bring your AR, Garand, or any safe rifle. Optical sights or match rifles are welcome. Please, no caliber over .30. Very suitable to new or inexperienced shooters. Open to anyone legally able to possess firearms.

Where/when: Colorado Rifle Club, Byers, CO at the 1000 yd High Power Range. See www.crci.org for directions. Sat. Dec 9, 2017
    Entry fee: 1 new in box toy for Toys For Tots (or more), un-wrapped.

Equipment: Very minimal. No heavy competition coats, carts, stools, competition type gloves, or blinders. Mats or ground cloths allowed. Need 60 rds of rifle ammunition plus sighters, (65-70 rds). No tracer or incendiary. 15 rds pistol ammunition. Recommend small binoculars, pen/pencil and notebook, at least 2 magazines, stripper clips, or enbloc clips, small pack for food, drink and gear. Hearing and eye protection required.

Live fire: Begins approx 0900. Should end about 1230

Parking: Vehicles may be parked near pits (behind berm is recommended), or behind the 500 yd line. Firing will be from 500, 300, 200, and 25 yds. See COF (Course of Fire) for details.

Match will take place regardless of weather, if roads are passable.

Please pre-register at epjend317@ gmail.com or 303-564-5077

COURSE OF FIRE
    RIFLE-PISTOL FUN MATCH

2 Relays: Relay 1 fires at 500, 300, and 200 yds. Pit change and repeat for Relay 2.
    Relay 1 pistol at 25 yds, repeat for relay 2. Pistols may be holstered but must be “shown safe”, chamber empty and magazine removed. While in pits, absolutely no handling of firearms! This includes adjusting slings, sights, or “show and tell”. On firing lines, all commands to load or commence fire will come from line officer. Unless engaged in live fire as directed, all firearms will be unloaded with an “empty chamber indicator” in place OR in “weapon condition four”, until line officer says otherwise.

500 YDS: 5 minutes, unlimited sighting shots
    Slow fire, 10 record shots in 10 minutes, pull and mark each shot.
    Prone rapid fire, start in position. 10 shots in 70 seconds.
    300 YDS: Prone rapid fire from standing, 10 shots in 70 seconds.
    Sitting sustained fire. 10 shots in 5 minutes. Targets scored at end of 5
    min., not each shot.
    200 YDS: Standing from high alert/ready. 2 shots in a 12 second exposure.
    Standing from high alert/ready. 3 shots in a 12 second exposure.
    Standing with kneeling: 2 shots from standing, immediately followed by
    3 shots kneeling-all in a single 30 second exposure. Targets will
    now be scored.
    Rapid fire: Standing to sitting or kneeling, 10 shots in 60 seconds with a
    mag change.

25 YDS (PISTOL): Pistols will be unholstered or removed from case/pack. Load
    command will then be given, followed by a commence fire signal.

Standing. 5 shots in 30 seconds.
    Standing/Kneeling: Total of 10 shots in 60 seconds with mag change.
    Fire 5 shots standing. With slide locked open, assume kneeling
    position, reload and fire 5 shots from kneeling position on
    demand.

TARGETS: E (echo) silouette, M9 silouette, or equivalent 20 in x 40 in silouette
    SCORING: E type: Hits at 500 yds = 5 points
    Hits at 300 yds = 3 points
    Hits at 200 yds = 2 points
    M9 type: Score as per marked scoring ring
    Last edited by oleshep; 12-10-2017 at 10:25.

We were just talking about this match today! We had fun last time we shot it.
    Is it really going to be no muzzle brakes? If so that is a bummer, as that is all I run...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Gretzky View Post
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Great to hear you had a good time last year. :-) It is always good when we get people out to shoot and for a good cause.

Pete has no muzzle brakes in the match bulletin because muzzle brakes can be painful for the guy next to you, especially on Large Frame ARs or big bore bolt guns. I can ask Pete if we can squad you out on the wing with a brake but usually we like to keep everyone close in for range commands.

That would be great. I might be able to bring some other guys with brakes, you can squad is together and we can annoy each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Gretzky View Post
    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take

Quote Originally Posted by Delfuego View Post
    That would be great. I might be able to bring some other guys with brakes, you can squad is together and we can annoy each other.
    Okay I will check and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Delfuego View Post
    I talked to Pete and he said come on out and we will figure it out..

Hope to see you there.. :-)

My friend and I are pretty excited about shooting this fun match and it's for a good cause.

A few questions and clarifications please:

Admin & Equipment
    1. Should we register before hand or on the range the day of the match?
    2. May we use a spotting scope?
    3. I have a shooting backpack on a two wheel dolly may I use that to hump my gear around?

CoF questions
    200 YDS:
    2 shots in 12 seconds and 3 shots in 12 seconds
    Do we use a magazine with 2 rounds and another magazine with 3 rounds or do we use just one mag and shoot 2 rnds then the next 12 seconds exposure shoot 3 rnds?
    Rapid Fire
    Do we use two mags with 5 rnds each?
    25 Yds Pistol
    Standing/Kneeling
    What does "kneeling position on demand" mean?

We are looking forward to your match.

Cheers,
    Mick
    Last edited by MickGIS; 11-27-2017 at 10:30.
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Corporal Dwayne Hicks, US Colonial Marine Corps

Thumbs up

[
    Admin & Equipment
    1. Should we register before hand or on the range the day of the match? - Day of the match will be fine. This is pretty informal
    2. May we use a spotting scope? - You can use the spotting scope or binos at the 500yd line but the idea is to move forward to 300yd and 200yd with what is on your person. so the scope will have to stay at 500yd
    3. I have a shooting backpack on a two wheel dolly may I use that to hump my gear around? - I guess. Will you be able to hump it from 500-300-200-pits without much issue? We don't drive vehicles down range on this one as we move from line to line. We shoot 500, March to 300 shoot, March to 200 shoot, then march to the pits and relieve the other relay.

CoF questions
    200 YDS:
    2 shots in 12 seconds and 3 shots in 12 seconds
    Do we use a magazine with 2 rounds and another magazine with 3 rounds or do we use just one mag and shoot 2 rnds then the next 12 seconds exposure shoot 3 rnds?
    No mag change required on this stage so you can just load a mag of 10rds. Just be careful with the muzzle discipline when changing positions. i use full 20/30rd mags just to smoke check my rifles with full mags. Then I just count rounds and drop the mag out and fire the last shot. That way I don't have to jack one out into the dirt. Assuming I remember. :-)
    Rapid Fire
    Do we use two mags with 5 rnds each?
    You may do 5 and 5 or full mags and count. Shooters choice.
    25 Yds Pistol
    Standing/Kneeling
    What does "kneeling position on demand" mean? - I believe he just means you can assume the kneeling position once you have fired your 5 rounds standing

Hope that answers all your questions.. Hope to see you out there.

Thanks for the update, see you match day!
    I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
    Corporal Dwayne Hicks, US Colonial Marine Corps

The weather forcast is great!!! Looks like a shorts day.. Hope to see you all at the range..