Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black tape

Pickles; the Camel Kisser Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Black tape

Is putting a big strip of Black tape on your shirt before the stage even starts similar to betting the No Pass Line in craps?
    "In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends." -John Churton Collins

Pretty much. I save people the hassle and hang strips on targets...
    All those moments will be lost in time,
    like tears in rain

Blog Entries

If I were a guy that played mind games, I'd add that to my tool box.
    "In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends." -John Churton Collins

At least my tag is unmolested spqrzilla's Avatar

White tape.
    "37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'reload.'" 70 Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries

Angels rejoice when BigBears trumpet blows BigBear's Avatar

Huh? I don't understand this conversation... I've never played craps either too... Why would someone put black tape on their shirt?

Blog Entries

Nothing is ever funny after it's explained, but I'll oblige anyway.

Shooting sports is a participation sport, so it is expected that participants will help to pick up brass and tape targets between shooters.
    Targets are generally the standard cardboard brown color, so regular brown tape is used to patch holes.
    I, and many others, pull off foot long strips from the roll and stick them to my shirt. This way I can have tape readily available without hogging the whole role to myself and I only have to re-up every once in a while.
    Some targets are are partially covered in black paint to simulate hard cover. If you hit the target in the hard cover area, the shot counts the same as a miss, regardless of how good of a shot it would have been on a regular target.

When playing Craps, players can bet on the Pass Line, or the No Pass Line. Most people bet on the Pass Line, which is a bet that once the point is established, the roller will roll the point before they roll a seven and everyone losses.
    Betting the No Pass Line, is betting that the roller will "Seven Out" before they roll the point again. Even though the statistically better bet is to play the No Pass Line, it is seen as a dick move because you are betting that the roller, and usually everyone else, is going to lose (kind of like the mortgage crisis).

So, coming full circle, if there is a stage that has targets with hard cover, or No-Shoots (targets with black open palms to simulate a hostage or good guy), and you get a big ole strip of black tape ready to patch all the misses and people shooting hostages, you're essentially signaling that you anticipate other shooters making poor shots on that stage. Kind of like yelling "Easy Out" to your entire group.

It was just an observation I made in an attempt to be funny at a match last night, and the guy I asked the question to didn't quite hear me and doesn't play craps, so he answered by trying to explain to me that the black tape goes on the black part of the targets. Rather than try and explain the joke to a stranger (I was new at that match), I came and posted it here where I knew someone would probably pick up what I was laying down. To conclude, this is just some garbage running through my head and no one bothers to think about that stuff but me, and since my friends weren't around and my attempts to amuse a stranger went astray, I turned to the internet.

tl;dr If you don't know the basics of craps and haven't ever shot a pistol match, re-evaluate your life choices.
    Last edited by Irving; 11-16-2017 at 21:21.

My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Machine Gunner

Irving is the man, I didn't get the joke either

it's kinda funny now that you have explained it

upvote. oh wait, wrong application
    Brian H
    Longmont CO

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

Angels rejoice when BigBears trumpet blows BigBear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    tl;dr If you don't know the basics of craps and haven't ever shot a pistol match, re-evaluate your life choices.
    No worries, I have been the past two weeks or so. Thanks for the info! HA.

Squishy Pants McGee Otterbatcat's Avatar

this is just some garbage running through my head and no one bothers to think about that stuff but me

No, ...I'm plagued with thoughts such as these fairly often. I dug what you were laying down, bro.

I DO play the pass line, but only with three bets at any given time, and I now will not load up a strip of black tape on my person before a match starts in my future.

ΜΟΛ
    ΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My Feedback