Close
    Paper Hunter

Default Mill Creek Shooting Resort Shutting Down

Didn't see this posted elsewhere

From their Facebook page:

The Partners at Mill Creek Shooting Resort have chosen to shut down operations at our current location immediately due to differences of opinion between ourselves and certain governing forces in Colorado.
    The good news is that Mill Creek Shooting Resort will be relocating its operations, in the near future, to a bigger and better venue located in another beautiful setting that is much more hospitable to the shooting sports and our 2nd amendment rights.
    We can’t thank those who have helped us along the way enough and we have thoroughly enjoyed hosting everyone who has visited. Stay tuned for the next chapter in the Mill Creek Shooting Resort Story. Keep an eye out here and on our webpage for updates. It’s only going to get better!
    Troy Owens
    troy@millcreekshootingresort.com

I believe there were 2 PRS matches for 2018 scheduled there

Last edited by stevenc23; 12-19-2017 at 19:49.

Gong Shooter

That's too bad, since this is the first I'm learning about this place. It looks like it would be a nice place to spend a vacation.
    The chair is against the wall has a long mustache.

Grand Master Know It All kidicarus13's Avatar

Looks like it's in the middle of nowhere. But close enough to "infringe" on gov't. Sad. Probably see more of this type of stuff in the future.
    Lessons cost money. Good ones cost lots. -Tony Beets

Grand Master Know It All CavSct1983's Avatar

Never even heard of this place before. Looks cool, assuming its not insanely expensive.
    My Feedback
    "
    "The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914"

Given the demand for ranges and the number of publicly owned golf courses, I don't understand ( political cowardice ) why more local governments aren't opening public ranges. I know the insurance is expensive, but there isn't a working range in the country that couldn't run on less than what it costs to run a bad golf course.

This is a good example: https://colorado.gov/lcssc

I would open a range but wouldn't want to share it with the general public.
    adepto super vestri ego

My Feedback

Witness Protection Reject rondog's Avatar

Never heard of it either. But I found a damn interesting shop/gun store in Sagauche, with a shitload of old military vehicles parked out front. A dangerous place for a guy with cash in his pocket.....
    There's a lot more of us ugly mf'ers out here than there are of you pretty people!

- Frank Zappa

Scrotum Diem - bag the day!

Master Target Maker

Too bad they are shutting it down. And for the Hawkins match and other PRS matches scheduled there.
    http://aatargets.com/

We specialize in armored steel targetry systems for practical and long range shooting.