Close

Default Colorado school district nixes teachers carrying

Oh sure, let a bunch of whiny liberal lemmings prevent you from protecting students by not allowing armed teachers. Makes total sense.

http://dpo.st/2EcqSqq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master Know It All CavSct1983's Avatar

Solved by homeschooling
    My Feedback
    "
    "The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914"

Quote Originally Posted by CavSct1983 View Post
    Solved by homeschooling
    We homeschooled two of our three, now adult, children. It is a good option for some but certainly not an option for all. I'm sure you have seen some of the same issues we saw with some home school families where education was not taking place and children were not better off than they would be in a more traditional classroom. We are glad we home schooled and equally glad that the Vo-Tech was available when home schooling wasn't working for our youngest.

I would certainly like to see no restrictions on firearms being carried by responsible adults in most locations including schools. Every Colorado public school that I have been to has at least one armed police officer assigned to the school. This is good as it reduces response time, however it is expensive compared to the option of recognizing the right of responsible, law abiding, citizen's, to voluntarily carry in public buildings. There are very few places I can think of that should prohibit the carrying of firearms by law abiding citizens. If I can carry there, why can't everyone else?

Apparently all of the school shooters failed to notice that they were breaking the "gun free zone" laws prior to committing violence upon innocent victims. How much less of a crime is it that someone would break the "gun free zone" laws and then commit no other violations of law? After all, if the school shooter is taken into custody, the lesser offense of possession of a firearm in a prohibited location is likely to be one of the first charges ignored compared to the multiple counts of homicide and assault.

Be safe.
    adepto super vestri ego

My Feedback

Grand Master Know It All 68Charger's Avatar

wow, the comments are so hostile- no wonder leftists don't want people to have guns... I wouldn't want anybody that unstable to be armed, either... but what else should I expect from Denpo?

Good thing actual CHL holders are much more mentally stable.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ, we are the III%, CIP2, and some other catchphrase meant to aggravate progreSSives who are hell bent on taking rights away...

Quote Originally Posted by 68Charger View Post
    wow, the comments are so hostile- no wonder leftists don't want people to have guns... I wouldn't want anybody that unstable to be armed, either... but what else should I expect from Denpo?

Good thing actual CHL holders are much more mentally stable.
    "possession of a firearm is demonstrable of lack of suitability to possess a firearm" - liberal mentality.
    My Feedback
    "
    "The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."

Quote Originally Posted by cstone View Post
    We homeschooled two of our three, now adult, children. It is a good option for some but certainly not an option for all. I'm sure you have seen some of the same issues we saw with some home school families where education was not taking place and children were not better off than they would be in a more traditional classroom. We are glad we home schooled and equally glad that the Vo-Tech was available when home schooling wasn't working for our youngest.

I would certainly like to see no restrictions on firearms being carried by responsible adults in most locations including schools. Every Colorado public school that I have been to has at least one armed police officer assigned to the school. This is good as it reduces response time, however it is expensive compared to the option of recognizing the right of responsible, law abiding, citizen's, to voluntarily carry in public buildings. There are very few places I can think of that should prohibit the carrying of firearms by law abiding citizens. If I can carry there, why can't everyone else?

Apparently all of the school shooters failed to notice that they were breaking the "gun free zone" laws prior to committing violence upon innocent victims. How much less of a crime is it that someone would break the "gun free zone" laws and then commit no other violations of law? After all, if the school shooter is taken into custody, the lesser offense of possession of a firearm in a prohibited location is likely to be one of the first charges ignored compared to the multiple counts of homicide and assault.

Be safe.
    This guy is homeschooling: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...hoot-guns.html

I'd be interested in what exactly he is teaching his kids, but in general, I like what he's doing. I'd be interested in having a sit-down conversation with him. I bet we have a lot more in common than appearances might suggest (and probably some insurmountable obstacles as well).

We plan to homeschool. No matter what it takes. If it means a small house, few possessions, etc.

I don't buy the idea that the majority of people can't do it due to bills -- with certain exceptions, we only have the bills we make for ourselves, like a grave in which we must lay until resurrection through hard work.

I view public schools as indoctrination camps for humanist ideology, Marxism, etc. My #1 job as a father is to make sure those boys get to heaven. Cannot do that if they are exposed 1/3 of their day to content over which I have no control, via the program that Godless Marxists have developed as a sweet poison.

I understand that certain children just cannot do it. It might be the parents -- I think that is where homeschool co-ops come in. The biggest problem I've seen in parents is just laziness and the stupid idea that mere separation from the world is a good (it's not). In our circles, the problems will come home to roost because of a complete restriction of awareness of the world, much like the Amish have issues when their kids go off for their year of deciding if they want to stay Amish or not. I could write a lot about this, but it would be off topic.

Thumbs up on 2/3, and good job on recognizing the 3rd one needed something different. It's not an easy way.
    My Feedback
    "

My older brothers and I were homeschooled through parts of highschool.

My two older brothers started taking classes in HS because the school district would pay for 2 front range classes if the student was taking 2 classes at a local HS.

I ended up going, partly because I wanted to and partly because mom and dad were getting too busy to continue my HS education, to a baptist high school.

Being homeschooled gave me a distinct academic advantage over the other kids, even though they were in an academically challenging private school all along.

I am extremely grateful to my parents for having homeschooled us, and my wife and I fully intend to homeschool when we have children.

As Cav said, everyone can. It's whether they will choose to or not.
    For your convenience, a link to my Feedback

First 30 day Probationary User

It's Durango. Used to be such a nice town ... then the Boulder Liberals moved-in.