Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Or you can buy a kit and tooling and build your own.. or in my case what started out as one has turned into a dozen or so. Once you start actually "building" rifles vs screwing on a barrel nut you will be hooked.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Recognized as needing a lap dance

I'm glad to see a lot of positives on the WASR. I have owned a couple and never had any issues with them and they were a ton of fun.

The AK snobs will tell you how much they suck, but I was not a witness to any issues.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm not sure I'm ready to buy more tooling for my purposes (though it does sound fun...).

I have always been a fan of not always believing what you read because you only find the bad stuff but a LEO friend in Kentucky purchased PSA-AK and had this 'rear tang' snap off:

I am not too versed in AK anatomy but this is a pretty crucial piece and he is lucky it broke when he was reassembling it.
    One man can change the world... with enough ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    a LEO friend in Kentucky purchased PSA-AK and had this 'rear tang' snap off:

I am not too versed in AK anatomy but this is a pretty crucial piece and he is lucky it broke when he was reassembling it.
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by kpp80202 View Post
    Wow!
    He sent me pictures and I couldn't believe my eyes. He called PSA and they just asked him to send it back and they will refund/replace.. scary stuff.

Had him resend me the picture of his rifle:

Last edited by SouthPaw; 02-13-2018 at 09:51.
    One man can change the world... with enough ammunition.

Recognized as needing a lap dance

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    I have always been a fan of not always believing what you read because you only find the bad stuff but a LEO friend in Kentucky purchased PSA-AK and had this 'rear tang' snap off:

Don't know much about the PSA AKs at all. But that doesn't sound very good.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

I had everything but the bbl, bcg and rds in the spares bin Bbl ran $89 BCG $100 both from bear creek arsenal Threw a binary trigger in and road tested this morning

100_2786.jpg

So if you want something in a 7.62x39 caliber, not wanting to pay current market on AK's not knowing how it was put together there's always option B
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Imagination is the only Weapon, in the War Against Reality

PSA AKs are starting to show abnormal failures.. Have never heard of a real AK folder crack.. but here is a PSA AK folder that has cracked.. A number of other issues out there, broken extractors, abnormal peening and wear on bolt/trunnion contact surfaces..

Basically no one in the US has figured out how to build something the rest of the world has been building for roughly 67 years or so.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335168

IO, Century, DDI and now PSA.. All ticking time bombs. DDI showed some promise but they bailed as soon as someone offered them some money, makes you wonder how they felt about the viability of what they were putting out long term.
    Last edited by def90; 02-14-2018 at 18:37.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by def90 View Post
    PSA AKs are starting to show abnormal failures.. Have never heard of a real AK folder crack.. but here is a PSA AK folder that has cracked.. A number of other issues out there, broken extractors, abnormal peening and wear on bolt/trunnion contact surfaces..

Basically no one in the US has figured out how to build something the rest of the world has been building for roughly 67 years or so.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335168

IO, Century, DDI and now PSA.. All ticking time bombs. DDI showed some promise but they bailed as soon as someone offered them some money, makes you wonder how they felt about the viability of what they were putting out long term.
    Never had an issue with my Arsenal side folders.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Imagination is the only Weapon, in the War Against Reality