Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle carry

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    Hill People Gear was the chest pack I was thinking of.
    This ^^ I have a couple of them that I use.. One for regular hiking, one for fly fishing. I can keep the stuff in them that I need for those activities and just move the gun back and forth.

The one I use:
    http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc.../1/ProductID/5

Without PALs attachment points:
    http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc.../1/ProductID/2

Here's a smaller footprint one without the PALs as well:
    http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Produc.../1/ProductID/6

He's got the full size bag in this vid, the other bags above are a little smaller profile.
    Last edited by def90; 02-16-2018 at 15:07.

Machine Gunner Jeffrey Lebowski's Avatar

I don’t do this, but you could easily slip a micro 9 in the map pouch of a frame bag.

I’ve thought about that myself.
    Obviously not a golfer.

Machine Gunner

I do want to thank the folks who are including links. In many cases product names are vauge enough I can't figure out exactly what product is being referenced.

It's appreciated.

O2
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
    You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
    By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.

I use a Hill People Gear kit bag or a fanny pack with a Tactical Tailor Lunar attached.

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Erni View Post
    Hill People chest pack mounted to a hydro bladder on the back. It would look totally natural, and keep it handy.
    But I would worry more about plugging herself when she tumbles off the bike and the gun goes off. Probably small chance but a tumble at speed will produce odd loads.
    I second this. I have used a Hill People Gear Subby bag for bicycle carry for years. They are a Colorado company and the bags are made in the USA, and are the perfect solution for this mode of carry, or any outdoors carry (say with a backpack using a hip belt)

Quote Originally Posted by Erni View Post
    Hill People chest pack mounted to a hydro bladder on the back. It would look totally natural, and keep it handy.
    But I would worry more about plugging herself when she tumbles off the bike and the gun goes off. Probably small chance but a tumble at speed will produce odd loads.
    If youíre talking about the same HPG Chest Bag Iím familiar with there are easy ways to incorporate a cheap Bladetech holster into it such that the trigger guard is completely covered until the user intends to withdraw the pistol. That and donít carry guns that go off when you fall off a bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master Know It All

Quote Originally Posted by O2HeN2 View Post
    Facepalm. Good point. This is exactly the reason I'm asking!

Seems to me that a fanny pack, especially with a woman's waist, would ride in the small of the back as well...

O2
    It was supposed to say WITH a safepacker. the fanny pack becomes your belt and the safe packer is like a big flap holster. Much like the sneaky pete.

I recommend a chest rig from Hill People Gear. I always have mine on with a G42 when going down Cherry Creek Trail.

It's a compromise but I'd probably go with a frame bag and a holster that's designed for a purse or back pack. It can be unzipped partially and the gun is ready to be drawn. It also attaches with velcro loops so it can be installed/removed without exposing the gun if you're in a public area.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Aduro-Bicyc...me+bag+cycling
    https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/p...fender-pd.html

Smells Like Carp

Talked to a experienced MTB rider today who open carries strong side. I'd be tempted to rig a high retention holster on the front of the seat post with the butt carried forward, muzzle down. Would have to have a optional carry method when off the bike.
    I like sex, drugs and automatic weapons. That's why i'm a dues paying member of the Libertarian party. Struggling to keep the government away from messing with the above.
    My Wife has her own vice.