Close
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 16212223242526272829303136 ... LastLast

Who would have thought Boulder is the one that loves with country and Denver is the sell out politicians?
    Who are you to want to escape a thugs bullet? That is only a personal prejudice, ( Atlas Shrugged)
    "Those that don't watch the old media are uninformed, those that do watch the old media are misinformed." - Mark Twain

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boul...ult-weapon-ban

Finally getting some comments about putting it to a vote in public. Would it make any difference in terms of state preemption if it was passed by the council vs. passed by a vote?

Machine Gunner

Boulder being a home rule city I don’t believe it would make a difference. Also there’s supposed to be an event called “Rally For Our Rights” in Boulder on Saturday from 1p-3p in the park at Broadway and Canyon. I think it’s the same folks that organized the one in Longmont a week or so ago? Can’t link from fb on cell.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
    Can’t link from fb on cell.
    Daily camera has it.
    http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_31809686
    The gene pool needs chlorine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
    Boulder being a home rule city I don’t believe it would make a difference. Also there’s supposed to be an event called “Rally For Our Rights” in Boulder on Saturday from 1p-3p in the park at Broadway and Canyon. I think it’s the same folks that organized the one in Longmont a week or so ago? Can’t link from fb on cell.
    I'm for sure going to be there. Can't decide if I want to open carry or not though. Leaning towards not.

Varmiteer

Open carry is legally problematic in most city and county park/open space areas along the Front Range.

Go concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by .455_Hunter View Post
    Open carry is legally problematic in most city and county park/open space areas along the Front Range.

Go concealed.
    Yeah, I was reading the Boulder municipal code in regards to open carry and I couldn't really find anything that explicitly said it was ok. Plus, for public perception reasons I will be going concealed.

Varmiteer

Some additional info gleaned from a little birdie...

As expected, the ordnance does not apply to non-city residents in vehicles passing through Boulder with legally owned firearms or magazines of any type, no matter what they do in Boulder- just keep your stuff in your car.

As expected, the ordinance does not apply to persons carrying any legal handgun on a concealed carry permit. So your G17 with pre-6/13 17 rd mags are fine. Your AR pistol in a backpack with lawfully owned 30 rd mags would be fine.

Here is the kicker- They are looking at adding an exemption for anyone with a Colorado honored concealed carry permit from the entire ordnance. This would be a way for current gun owning Boulder city residents (many of whom probably already have their permit) to continue business as usual. The Sheriff's permit office would get real busy, but that's another discussion.

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by .455_Hunter; 04-17-2018 at 11:29.

Your thoughts?
    Still bullshit, and unenforceable under the current CRS.
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

Here is the kicker- They are looking at adding an exemption for anyone with a Colorado honored concealed carry permit from the entire ordnance. This would be a way for current gun owning Boulder city residents (many of whom probably already have their permit) to continue business as usual. The Sheriff's permit office would get real busy, but that's another discussion.

Your thoughts?
    So CCW holders are exempt from everything, including registration? Interesting.

I am still against any regulation that infringes, but this certainly makes living in Boulder more palatable. You shouldn't have to pay $152 to exercise a right. I did, but that was because I wanted to carry a concealed handgun if I choose to.