Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Grand Master Know It All hatidua's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    Love my Spectre II
    I love both of my Spectre II's

Dead Air Mask is my go-to for 22. It’s a great design, great materials, she’s quiet and easy to use on different platforms. I cant say enough about it. These cans get dirty! Like several other said above, clean it regularly and you will have years of enjoyment out of it.

I was told when I got my .22 suppressor to not clean it what ever I do. The folks at the shop had seen someone ruin one from cleaning it I think was the explanation. I'm seeing lots of conflicting advice here in terms of that. I've had mine for several years and put many 1000s of rounds through it and never cleaned it once. Granted I have the thunderbeast L-1 which is sealed, don't know how I'd clean it either way. Is this advice specific to my suppressor? Was the advice completely wrong?

BUZZKILL

Yes they are wrong , 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and white vinegar and soak it , rinse and repeat untill clean . Be forewarned that it is nasty shit after it reacts with the lead in the can and needs to be treated accordingly . Call TBAC and they can talk you through it or they can do the cleaning for you .

Welp, now my list of chores just got one item longer.

SSDG

Quote Originally Posted by izzy View Post
    I was told when I got my .22 suppressor to not clean it what ever I do. The folks at the shop had seen someone ruin one from cleaning it I think was the explanation. I'm seeing lots of conflicting advice here in terms of that. I've had mine for several years and put many 1000s of rounds through it and never cleaned it once. Granted I have the thunderbeast L-1 which is sealed, don't know how I'd clean it either way. Is this advice specific to my suppressor? Was the advice completely wrong?
    Which shop was that Izzy, they have no idea what they are doing if that is the advice they give. True, ultrasonics can destroy aluminum, but to not clean is asking for trouble.

SpectreII after about 1200 rds:

Last edited by Wolfshoon; 04-02-2018 at 14:26.

SSDG

Eventually a .22 can will plug up if not cleaned! I refuse to mix peroxide and vinegar as it makes a hazmat material that is very toxic to both you and the environment. I either mechanically clean (hence the tools I made that work well) or use a ultrasonic cleaner. Hand cleaning is faster, less than 15 minutes now

Tools I made to clean it easier, the pointed tool gets both the cups and cones clean and the barrels hold the cups securely making them easy to separate without damage:

I just read the following post on the TBAC site and it confirms, for the most part, what's being said here.

https://thunderbeastarms.com/forum/t...ten.4/#post-11

The rimfire suppressors will collect some carbon/lead/wax buildup over long periods of time, but most people will never see any performance impact because of this. A moderately fouled .22 suppressor is usually quieter than a totally clean one, too. Eventually, you will see the weight of the suppressor increase slightly due to accumulated fouling. Long after this, you might be able to tell a difference in suppression due to decreased volume, but it will take a huge number of rounds to get to that point.

Unlike suppressors made of some other materials, our all-titanium silencers can be cleaned very effectively without taking them apart, by using one of two methods: (1) drop it in an ultrasonic cleaner for a few minutes, alternating with soaking the inside with ZEP, or (2) use the widely-known "vinegar and peroxide" method. Both of these will clean anything out that's in the suppressor.

For what it's worth, I never clean my personal or "demo" suppressors, even when shooting matches throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by C Ward View Post
    TBAC 22TD , Recoil did a suppressor shoot out with rimfire cans and no suprise it was #1 .
    I've only shot the one a bit, but love my TBAC 22TD.

DangerLee gave me a good deal on it too.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Grand Master Know It All kidicarus13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    Avoid simple green with Al.
    The Silencer Shop says, "Based on our experiences, we’ve found the most effective and safest method is also the easiest: Simple Green, a handy toothbrush, and a reliable toothpick for the stubborn spots."

https://www.silencershop.com/blog/po...an-my-silencer
    Lessons cost money. Good ones cost lots. -Tony Beets