Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Undilute Simple Green, Greased Lightning, etc. have etching acids in them that is not good for anodized aluminum. Combine with ultrasonic cleaning and you're likely to damage the finish.

Just cause silencershop says so, don't make it true.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Pretty sure my can is made out of titanium. Do the chemicals that are mentioned as hurting aluminum affect titanium the same way?

BUZZKILL

TBAC L1 is all Ti and would be ok but those cleaners won't react with the lead deposits the same way that the peroxide / vinegar will .

And obviously since it is a sealed can you can't scrub with a tooth brush like is recommended above .

Any of the acidic cleaners like Simple Green , Purple Power , CLR , etc. are not recommended for aluminum and some stainless steels also .

Really the easiest thing to do is call TBAC and they will answer all your questions and explain the process start to finish or like said previously they can do the cleaning for you . At one time they would clean your can for no charge but shipping once a year , I do not know for sure if this is still the policy and you should contact them to be sure .

Thanks again. They will still clean if for just the cost of shipping once a year. I'll either clean it my self or send it in eventually. My list of firearms chores is so long right now that this probably won't happen for quite a while.