Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    Pull it and reweigh them. It's not an issue once you check them out, sounds like you might consider reloading. . If you were closer i'd be happy to do something with them.
    I would like to reload, but my wife (and lack of space) prevent me from doing so. Haha

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I don't make the rules. I just think them up and write them down.

Osok, were the ones in the blue case the ones you fired? There are 12 fired cases in the box, and several of them have flattened primers, with one partially pushed out. According to the label, 125gr bullets, with 8.2gr of Accurate #2. The load manual I checked showed a max load of 8.0gr.

One thing I noticed, on ammo listed as having been loaded in the same date (jan 95), they've got 4 different powders, and at least 5 different types of bullets. He's got H110, Accurate#2, Accurate#9, and 296. Also noticed a pretty big amount of OAL variation in a couple of the boxes.

I'll weigh the powder charges of a few rounds from each batch to see how close they are to the labeled charge.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverGP View Post
    Osok, were the ones in the blue case the ones you fired? There are 12 fired cases in the box, and several of them have flattened primers, with one partially pushed out. According to the label, 125gr bullets, with 8.2gr of Accurate #2. The load manual I checked showed a max load of 8.0gr.

One thing I noticed, on ammo listed as having been loaded in the same date (jan 95), they've got 4 different powders, and at least 5 different types of bullets. He's got H110, Accurate#2, Accurate#9, and 296. Also noticed a pretty big amount of OAL variation in a couple of the boxes.

I'll weigh the powder charges of a few rounds from each batch to see how close they are to the labeled charge.
    Yes, those 12 were the two cylinders that I fired. It was after shooting those that I figured that they were loaded hotter than I should be shooting.
    I don't make the rules. I just think them up and write them down.