Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fix NICS bill

High Power Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    And His response was....................
    "Racist!"

Or whatever the dejour party line is.

I'm with TFOGGER, give me a tool that is not registration. Current setup is a passive registration system.

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    And His response was....................
    the Usual Bullshit from the antis: No system is perfect, we need stronger background checks, AR's are only good for killing lots of people in a short time, blahblahblah... He's also 100 percent against arming teachers, or any real security measures for schools (like hardened entrances). I pointed out that there's an AR in almost every patrol car in the country, and asked him why he thought that was. That kind of stopped him for a minute, then he asked me what good it was to have a weapon that "would just hose bullets into a crowd of innocents". I had to explain that the AR fires one round per trigger pull, and is capable of far greater practical accuracy than a pistol, especially under stress. Then I offered to take him to the range to let him try one out and learn more about the platform. We're going next weekend.
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

High Power Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGER View Post
    the Usual Bullshit from the antis: No system is perfect, we need stronger background checks, AR's are only good for killing lots of people in a short time, blahblahblah... He's also 100 percent against arming teachers, or any real security measures for schools (like hardened entrances). I pointed out that there's an AR in almost every patrol car in the country, and asked him why he thought that was. That kind of stopped him for a minute, then he asked me what good it was to have a weapon that "would just hose bullets into a crowd of innocents". I had to explain that the AR fires one round per trigger pull, and is capable of far greater practical accuracy than a pistol, especially under stress. Then I offered to take him to the range to let him try one out and learn more about the platform. We're going next weekend.
    Sir, I would like to buy you a beer.

We'll see if he flakes, but I'm hopeful he actually HEARD me...he hasn't posted anything else stupid on social media lately...
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

Grand Master Know It All wctriumph's Avatar

Good on you for trying to get a convert. I hope he doesn't get PTSD or drop your rifle after the first shot.

Every time I have taken a gun shy or anti-gun person out to the range they come away with a new appreciation for firearms and a few have then gone on to purchasing one. One lady even asked me to take her to the trap range. She did not hit anything but the next week she had a new Wingmaster and we went to the range bi-weekly for nearly a year, she even joined a all women's trap league.
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.
    George S. Patton

A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.
    John F. Kennedy

Grand Master Know It All sellersm's Avatar

This guy's video from has made the rounds, says he's exposing the agenda behind the Fix NCIS stuff... He's a Congressman from KY I think.
    http://disciplejourney.com

Make men large and strong and tyranny will bankrupt itself in making shackles for them.” – Rev. Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887) US Abolitionist Preacher

CIPCIP