Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    COAR SpecOps Team Leader theGinsue's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StagLefty View Post
    Yep I keep telling Ginsue to knock before barging in.
    Sure, you weren't laughing before...we were both really embarassed by what I saw. As I recall, I even vomitted a bit.

I received a trouble ticket at work yesterday from one of my users who complained about "significant latency getting into websites [no, not this site] using Chrome". My response to this ticket, and to all of you is the same: QUIT USING CHROME!

Google's Chrome is doing a LOT of stuff behind the scenes that you don't want to even think about, among which is data mining. To you, the end user, it's a good browser. To Google it is a valuable tool that is obtaining more user data. This doesn't even cover the fact that Chrome was recently hacked, putting your personal data and viewing habits into the hands of folks even less scrupulous than Google (hard to believe, but it's possible).

If you don't like using IE, and who does anymore?, consider using Mozilla Firefox or for our Apple(Mac) users, Safari. But I can't stress enough the problems with using Chrome.
    Ginsue - Admin
    Proud Infidel Since 1965

To keep America exceptional we need to return to the philosophy of E pluribus Unum, and vacate the idea of multiculturalism. - Ginsue, July 4, 2015

Ginsue's Feedback

Grand Master Know It All CavSct1983's Avatar

Chrome isn't even on the approved list where I work due to its various issues.

I have no idea why anyone uses Chrome.
    My Feedback
    "
    "The exception has become the rule, and that is the worst of all possible tyrannies."
    G.K. Chesterton, Illustrated London News, November 21, 1914"

Gong Shooter

Maybe it's just one of the 2 google javascripts that load on every page of this site? They could just be loading anything they would like.

Take a look at the source code.

https://ssl.google-analytics.com/ga.js

https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/lib.../jquery.min.js
    The chair is against the wall has a long mustache.