Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Had a family issue come up and could not make it. I went on line to Bing and found 1 article about 45 cities nation wide had some level of participation. I went to the Yahoo "Inquirer" and they did not mention it anywhere on front page. I did count the number of stories on the Bigassians and there were exactly 19 stories on page 1 involving Kardashians and 11 throwing Trump under the bus, so nothing new. A family member was giving me some crap about not going to the rally, I told him I will be rallying at the voting booth in November.
    Eddie "The best boy in the world"
    12/31/2003 - 11/19/2014

“When the government came to take our guns, they knocked on the door. After our guns were gone, they never bothered knocking again”. – Holocaust Survivor

Just like the left that we all make fun of, these kinds of "protests" do nothing. Unless you're donating big-time or a significant business (same thing), you don't mean squat to any politician.

Moved to Idaho to flee IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nearly 200 gather for Second Amendment rally

BY MICHAEL KATZ
    mkatz@idahostatesman.com

April 14, 2018 02:16 PM
    Updated April 14, 2018 06:38 PM

An estimated 200 or so people gathered on the steps of the Idaho Capitol on Saturday afternoon for the Americans for America rally, an assembly of individuals wanting to show support for the Second Amendment.

The event was held nationwide; Idaho’s rally was organized by The Real 3%ers of Idaho. Saturday’s speakers included Idaho congressional candidate Russ Fulcher.
    I couldn't make it because of work...only one on-call. It also got brief coverage on the local news channel here.

Picture of a guy from the rally inside the capital building (from the Redoubt News FB page):

Last edited by Bailey Guns; 04-16-2018 at 05:46.
    Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

One kind of funny thing happened a few times at the Denver rally. As I said, we got the middle finger from a few younger guys. To put an exclamation point on their protest, a few gunned their engines and sped through the intersection at 8th. The funny thing is they were (it seems) always driving something like a subaru wagon, a leaf, or some other environmentally sensitive form of virtue signalling. When they "gunned it" in many cases you couldn't hear anything, or at best a wimpy slow acceleration. More than a few of the pro-2A people who drove by had significant lifted pickups with equally significant engines that *roared* when pushed! Was fun to get such vocal affirmation!!!
    "If David Hogg was my son, he would be SO grounded"

I was pretty surprised at the number of positive honks there. Thought we would surely get panned.

Quote Originally Posted by GilpinGuy View Post
    Just like the left that we all make fun of, these kinds of "protests" do nothing. Unless you're donating big-time or a significant business (same thing), you don't mean squat to any politician.
    I used to believe this, until I realized what the point of left wing political marches are.

It's not about action on that particular day. It's about generating a perception of political consensus.

The left engages in a march...that does nothing.

In the event of a left-wing march, the press cover the event, blow the numbers out of proportion, link the march to other such events, and give the speakers in-depth extended coverage. Politicians then use that coverage as top cover for implementing leftist policies claiming that they have heard the will of the people.

Meanwhile, that coverage has the effect of swaying the average person, most of whom will go along with a crowd.

That part is the most insidious, because as those ideas are picked up, amplified, and consensus is built, it allows the left to subtly outgroup those who stand in opposition to whatever cockamamie policy they wish to implement.
    RATATATATATATATATATATABLAM

If there's nothing wrong with having to show an ID to buy a gun, there's nothing wrong with having to show an ID to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I used to believe this, until I realized what the point of left wing political marches are.

It's not about action on that particular day. It's about generating a perception of political consensus.

In the event of a left-wing march, the press cover the event, blow the numbers out of proportion, link the march to other such events, and give the speakers in-depth extended coverage. Politicians then use that coverage as top cover for implementing leftist policies claiming that they have heard the will of the people.

Meanwhile, that coverage has the effect of swaying the average person, most of whom will go along with a crowd.

That part is the most insidious, because as those ideas are picked up, amplified, and consensus is built, it allows the left to subtly outgroup those who stand in opposition to whatever cockamamie policy they wish to implement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Paintball Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post

Spot on analysis.