Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newbie, or Trading Post Troll

El Paso sends notification 90 days out. I renewed through mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverGP View Post
    My jeffco renewal ended up taking just over 6 weeks.
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Varmiteer

What?s process after you expire? I thought mine expired in 19 and it turns out it expired 04/18.

Do I have to start the process all over again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varmiteer

Well.. I just found out the answer to my question and since I?m over 6 months expired I have to apply for a new permit again. Does anyone know if I?ll have to take the class again or will my expired permit serve as proof that I completed the training requirements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master Know It All

I was in Jeffco last week and they said 4-6 weeks.

BigDee,

If your training class was less than 10 years ago, it should be good. Since that is what they require when you put in a new application.
    If it was more than 10 years ago.............well........

But I am not a lawyer and do not play one on tv, therefore can not give legal advice.
    The gene pool needs chlorine.

Like pickenup said if your satey class cert is under the 10 year mark your gtg if not you'll have to take another, give me a PM if its the latter
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    كفّار
    My Feedback

Pickenup and Mazin are correct you cert is good for 10 years then re-cert is required
    Certified NRA Instructor, ask me about CCW classes

/l , [____],
    l----L -OlllllllO-
    ()_) ()_)------)_) Jeep ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My Feedback + 50 lost during the site crash

If I had a son he would look like....Ben SideShow Bob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mazin View Post
    Like pickenup said if your satey class cert is under the 10 year mark your gtg if not you'll have to take another, give me a PM if its the latter
    Does the 10 year limit on certifications pertain to current valid permits ? I am up or renewal in several months, and my certificate will be 10 years old.
    If this applies to me, I’ll be looking to get a cheap coffee & donuts recertification class in the next 6 months or so.
    Last edited by SideShow Bob; 11-09-2018 at 08:47.
    My T.P. wheeling and dealing feedback is here.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and it stinks more than mine.

Yo Homie, That my chainsaw ?

I am my own action figure
    Blog Entries

The "Proof of Training" is for new applicants only. It is not required for renewals.
    Good Shooting, MarkCO

www.CarbonArms.us
    www.crci.org

Quote Originally Posted by MarkCO View Post
    The "Proof of Training" is for new applicants only. It is not required for renewals.
    What about transfer to a different county? My permit has been from a Western Slope county for many years, but I’ll need to renew in Jeffco in 2020...

I am my own action figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fentonite View Post
    What about transfer to a different county? My permit has been from a Western Slope county for many years, but I’ll need to renew in Jeffco in 2020...
    The renewal form is not county specific. Put in the change of address form when you move, then just do a renewal in Jefferson.

If the card has not yet expired, change your address with the county that issued your permit. When it is time to renew your permit, the permit must be renewed in the county in which you currently reside. Notification of a change of address or name change must be made to Jefferson County Sheriff's Office (JCSO) within 30 days. Please submit the notarized Address / Name Change Form (PDF) in person to JCSO Records Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. along with your valid Colorado driver's license. A new card will be issued.

https://www.jeffco.us/DocumentCenter...orm-PDF?bidId=

If you do not do a change of address form within 30 days, there is a good chance they will require you to start over.

Within 30 days after a permittee changes the address or name specified on his or her permit or within three business days after his or her permit is lost, stolen, or destroyed, the permittee shall notify the issuing Sheriff of the change of address or name, or permit loss, theft, or destruction. Failure to notify the Sheriff pursuant to C.R.S. 18-12-210(1) is a class 1 petty offense. The required address or name change, stolen, lost or destroyed form must be notarized. The Records Unit personnel can notarize these forms as needed.
    Last edited by MarkCO; 11-09-2018 at 10:11.
    Good Shooting, MarkCO

www.CarbonArms.us
    www.crci.org