Close
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default How early should I renew?

My Permit expires in June - I'm in JeffCo - How early should I renew my permit?

Thanks!

Grand Master Know It All davsel's Avatar

Within 120 days of expiration

https://www.jeffco.us/FAQ.aspx?TID=24

How do I renew my Jefferson County concealed handgun permit?
    It is the applicant's responsibility to submit for renewal of a permit before the expiration date on the permit card. You must submit a renewal only in the county you reside, own property, or own a business. Applicants may submit a completed application, proof of residency (a valid Colorado driver's license, Colorado ID or Military Photo Identification) and $35 within 120 days before the permit expires. The “Proof of Firearms Training” on the back of the application does not pertain to renewal applicants as long as a certificate is already on file and the existing permit card is not more than six months expired. The applicant must deliver the original application in person to the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office Records Unit. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Per C.R.S. 18-12-205 (2) (a), all applicants must sign the completed application in the presence of the issuing county sheriff or designee. These permits are valid for an additional five years from the issuance date.

He who is not angry when there is just cause for anger is immoral. Why? Because anger looks to the good of justice. And if you can live amid injustice without anger, you are immoral as well as unjust. ~ Thomas Aquinas
    My Feedback

I knew someone else would google it for me. Thanks!

Default How early should I renew?

I live in Park County and it is 120 days in advance, too. Likely straight out of the statute, I bet. Good reminder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GeorgeandSugar; 03-30-2018 at 17:29.

Just a comment on renewing....

I was told the "Proof of Firearms Training" had to have occurred in the last ten years. For most folks, that means you may get two renewals on one certificate. If however, you renew a little early, you may squeeze in three. I've seen it done.

YMMV

If I had a son he would look like....Ben SideShow Bob's Avatar

Arapahoe County, I lost 2 1/2 months on my last renewal. I went in that much before the expiration, as was on their web site at the time, to apply for renewal 120 days prior to Expiration. I went in a little short of that time and was issued my renewal within 20 minutes, with an expiration date 5 years from that date.
    So check with your county sheriffs office, some now have certain days of the week and hours on those days for CCW permits & renewals.
    My T.P. wheeling and dealing feedback is here.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and it stinks more than mine.

Yo Homie, That my chainsaw ?

Paper Hunter

Took about a month for my renewal in Jeffco

I waited too long, and had a gap between permit periods. Don’t be like me.

I appreciate the reminder as mine also expires in June. The sheriff's office estimates 6-8 weeks to process renewals.

Note for those who change address within the state, you must submit a change of address form within 30 days to the county sheriff that issued your card. Failure to do so renders the CHP void and one would have to submit a new application.
    So far, so good....

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kpp80202 View Post
    I waited too long, and had a gap between permit periods. Don’t be like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hummer View Post
    I appreciate the reminder as mine also expires in June. The sheriff's office estimates 6-8 weeks to process renewals.

Note for those who change address within the state, you must submit a change of address form within 30 days to the county sheriff that issued your card. Failure to do so renders the CHP void and one would have to submit a new application.
    I did this when I moved. I nicely called and freaked out about it over the phone and they still issued everything for me with no lapse or penalty. However, I would NOT count on that treatment and would just plan to be on time.
    When you get caught with your pants down, every holster is an ankle holster.