Close

Default .450 Bushmaster magazines

It appears that these are AR-15 magazines with a new follower. Can anyone confirm that? Or do I need a special magazine?
    If it's literally just a different follower I have some 10 rounders I can convert over. http://www.chambertactical.com/

Thanks,
    Brett
    Never complain; never explain.

Hello, my name is: KNOWN Gunner's Avatar

Pretty sure itís the same mag. But I could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct

10=5
    20=9
    30=13
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

Yep. And a guy makes a pop in follower that works great. You just "roll" it in from the top. I bought a few of these when I first got my 450. Its funny, the factory built .450 mags have a dimple or crimp to keep you from pulling the follower and dropping in a .556. These are the ones I bought, I think. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Magazine-Fo...-/152137172696

Almost forgot. I had to cut a crescent relief in the front of the mag, similar to factory ones.
    Last edited by ben4372; 04-01-2018 at 09:00. Reason: more info

Thanks for the replies, it helped immensely.

That single-shot follower ben linked is similar to what I was looking at, but that guy has marketed his to the .450, so we know it works, and he's a few dollars cheaper on shipping than what I was looking at. That seems like the way to do it. Jut order 3 or 4 and forget about factory magazines until I stumble across a deal at a gunshow.

Cutting a crescent relief in the front of the magazine, is that necessary for feeding, or more for ease of unloading? I ask because my 7.62x39 magazines are a hassle to unload, but still feed correctly.

Thanks

I am my own action figure
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Dutch View Post
    Thanks for the replies, it helped immensely.

That single-shot follower ben linked is similar to what I was looking at, but that guy has marketed his to the .450, so we know it works, and he's a few dollars cheaper on shipping than what I was looking at. That seems like the way to do it. Jut order 3 or 4 and forget about factory magazines until I stumble across a deal at a gunshow.

Cutting a crescent relief in the front of the magazine, is that necessary for feeding, or more for ease of unloading? I ask because my 7.62x39 magazines are a hassle to unload, but still feed correctly.

Thanks
    I have both the single shot followers (I paid like $5 a piece) and 10 of the actual DPMS black followers I got from Tim LeGendre directly. Also a PVC pipe section follower I made for a PMag and one for a Lancer Mag. A section of pipe, sandpaper, a few screws and epoxy and you can make your own for less than a dollar. Other than follower, nothing else needed for mags.
    Good Shooting, MarkCO

www.CarbonArms.us
    www.crci.org

Thanks Mark. I Appreciate the info.