Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 380 ACP PISTOLS

Default 380 ACP PISTOLS

Was rummaging around in my ammo locker and came across a couple of boxes of 380 ACP ammo. I had a Colt Mustang Mark IV, but ended up selling it. Just too small for my taste. Instead of just selling the ammo, thought I would explore options for a pistol in 380. It will spend most of its time in the safe with the occasional trip out to the range. I have my preferred conceal carry piece and never been one to rotate pistols as my daily carry.

My interests favor pistols that offer a full grip length to accommodate all my fingers, which is why I never warmed up to the Mustang even with the pinky extender. My tastes also lean more towards the older style pistols like the Walther PP or Sig P232.

Just looking for input on possible 380 pistols.

PK380 can be had for fairly cheap. Good enough for a range plinker. Good for the kids and ladies, as well.
    Comply in public, Conduct in private.

FEEDBACK

Paper Hunter

Browning BDA .380 is worth looking at.
    BDA_G27.jpg
    BDA_schematic.jpg
    Movie_Holster_small.jpg
    Last edited by .40isthenew.45; 04-02-2018 at 12:13.

I've always wanted a Beretta 86

Modern liberalism is based on the idea that reality is obligated to conform to one's beliefs because; "I have the right to believe whatever I want".

"Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people."
    -Penn Jillette

A World Without Guns <- Great Read!

Check out the new M&P 2.0 in 380.. it's roughly the same size as the shield.

I was finger banging one at DF the other day... I was hoping for a pocket pistol, but if I'm gonna have one the same size as a 9mm.. I'm going with the 9mm..

Thinks Gravy Boats are SEXY ASF! izzy's Avatar

The only one I've ever had is the sig p238 which I think is basically the same thing as the colt mustang.

Oh, also almost forgot, for a while I owned a SIG P232. I'd take one of those again (or a P230) over a PPK any day of the week.

[trigger alert]The PPK is crap. (there ... I said it)[/trigger alert]
    Modern liberalism is based on the idea that reality is obligated to conform to one's beliefs because; "I have the right to believe whatever I want".

"Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people."
    -Penn Jillette

A World Without Guns <- Great Read!

Rock Island Armory makes the Baby Rock which is a scaled down 1911. It has the proportions of the full size 1911 only about 80% size. My Baby Rock took about 75 rounds to break in.

CZ made a model 83. It is the CZ82 9mm Mak in .380. 12 rounds double stack mags that are the same as the CZ82 mags. They were available surplus fairly inexpensive but I haven't seen any around lately.

The Beretta 84 is the parent to the Browning BDA380. 13 round double stack mags that don't extend beyond the grip. My BDA380 has "Browning Arms Company", "Fabrique National Herstal", and "PB Made in Italy" all marked on the slide. Kinda interesting.
    Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Thinks Gravy Boats are SEXY ASF! izzy's Avatar

Every single PPK I've ever fired jammed on me. I'm with you Zundfolge.

I saw a Beretta Cheetah Model 84 down at Magnum, which is similar if not the same pistol to the Browning BDA and FN 140DA. It is a nice looking pistol and definitely one you can get a full grip on. Definitely reminds me of a scaled down Model 92/M9.

Just saw where Classic Firearms has the surplus CZ 83 available but the Sig 232 is still at the top of my list. Like that is has the lines of a Walther PP but improved reliability.