Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Paper Hunter

If you do a lift I would do a 2 post I hated working off a 4 post lift. I can't think of a single advantage to the 4 post from a 2 post

Went to some home improvement show at the merchandise mart, pretty lame.

One company selling floor coatings. Quoted 550 sq ft. I'm pretty sure he didn't mean 5.50 either. Yeah, nope.

Thanks again to everyone for the ideas and information to think about.
    Sometimes people trip and fall down stairs.
    Sometimes assholes push people down stairs.
    That doesn't mean "stairs are bad" nor does it make someone who pushes someone down the stairs any less of an asshole.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fitterjohn View Post
    If you do a lift I would do a 2 post I hated working off a 4 post lift. I can't think of a single advantage to the 4 post from a 2 post
    I can move a 4 post outside for needed room when doing large work, if necessary. You can also store 2 vehicles in 1 bay with a 4 post. I can work on a motorcycle and atv with a 4 post.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Imagination is the only Weapon, in the War Against Reality

Grand Master Know It All

https://www.bestbuyautoequipment.com...yABEgKLCvD_BwE

This two post lift is removable so you can store it when you want the space back

I used the pro version. 12088373_1621633488096304_5511815907413820678_n.jpg I also was told (and did not) seal the concrete. Used the fiber reinforced and had 4'X4' 6" pads with rebar added where the 4 post lift will be. Fun prepping a fiber floor for paint. Wound up using a weed burner and a black scotchbright pad to prep it for paint. I even etched it as well.
    I see you running, tell me what your running from

Nobody's coming, what ya do that was so wrong.

Varmiteer

Quote Originally Posted by jerrymrc View Post
    I used the pro version. 12088373_1621633488096304_5511815907413820678_n.jpg I also was told (and did not) seal the concrete. Used the fiber reinforced and had 4'X4' 6" pads with rebar added where the 4 post lift will be. Fun prepping a fiber floor for paint. Wound up using a weed burner and a black scotchbright pad to prep it for paint. I even etched it as well.
    That was micro fiber, looked like peach fuzz. Not good for much. Macro fiber looks closer to short strips of yarn, completely encased in the finished concrete. You won't see macro fiber in the finished concrete.

Quote Originally Posted by gnihcraes View Post
    Hmmm are we talking about normal floor tile or something more specialized? I've done lots of tile work around the house and not sure I'd use any of it for a garage floor. That would be a few long days of setting tile. ha.
    Porcelain, not ceramic. Back buttered. Is that what you were using around the house?
    9mm - because they don't make a 9.1mm

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Llama View Post
    Porcelain, not ceramic. Back buttered. Is that what you were using around the house?
    No real idea, most likely both, but never kept an inventory of what I used.

Not sure I could deal at all with the grout lines and trying to roll a jack around and it will always fall into one of those lines right where you'd not want it to be. Much like expansion joints in concrete.

I looked online at some garage floors done in tile, looks cool, not sure it's for me. I might just end up sealing the concrete and leaving it as is.
    Sometimes people trip and fall down stairs.
    Sometimes assholes push people down stairs.
    That doesn't mean "stairs are bad" nor does it make someone who pushes someone down the stairs any less of an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
    That was micro fiber, looked like peach fuzz. Not good for much. Macro fiber looks closer to short strips of yarn, completely encased in the finished concrete. You won't see macro fiber in the finished concrete.
    Well then I guess I got screwed. All I know is since my son works for a testing company he came by, tested it and said it was fine.
    I see you running, tell me what your running from

Nobody's coming, what ya do that was so wrong.

I used this 5 years ago and it's held up great. I did it myself, it took a bit of prep with grinding and etching, but the actual coating went on in a couple of hours.

https://www.epoxy-coat.com/catalog/garage/
    It's a bit thicker than Rustoleum at 9.7mil thick.

Back when I did it, they didn't have the thicker premium ones at the time.

IMAG1423.jpg

The only thing I would've done differently is to put a flexible filler in the expansion joints.