Close
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112

I'm taking it to mean he popped something but not enough to prove intoxication. While there may not be additional charges, the results may be used in court again him if they contributed to backflips and picking his weapon up by the trigger.

I have been advised not to carry while drinking any amount, even just one. Though the statute is vague (as Martin posted), any presence of alcohol can be enough to demonstrate impaired judgment in court. Justification for lethal force in CO is heavily based on perception of imminent danger.

Of course I don't work for FedGov where sound judgment, safe weapons handling, and following the law don't matter.
    Always eat the vegans first

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Martinjmpr View Post
    I think the FBI taxpayer is going to be on the hook for this one.
    FIFY

Sent from my electronic leash using Tapatalk
    “Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.”
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Machine Gunner

What constitutes being under the influence per Colorado law? My understanding is any alcohol constitutes being under the influence. If he read .00001 that is still under the influence.
    If you want peace, prepare for war.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe it is a judgement call on law enforcement. You don't want to live in a world where .0000001 equals under the influence, because it's not true.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc

Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Not exactly. Organisms produce some alcohol through metabolic processes, so it's not like there isn't any ever in the system unless consumed from an external source. You're talking about 1 one-hundred-thousandth (.00001).
    Last edited by Gman; 07-12-2018 at 13:56.
    “Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice.”
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill