Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Springfield Armory TRP Opinions

Any Springfield Armory 1911 TRP owners out there?
    I’m looking for opinions or experiences with the TRP model.
    I currently don’t own a 1911 and have an itch to add one to my collection.
    I have a friend willing to sell me his NIB TRP, but thought that I’d ask the collective brain trust first.
    It’s this exact model:
    https://www.springfield-armory.com/p...11-trp-45-acp/
    Last edited by drew890; 06-18-2018 at 19:02.
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

Paper Hunter

The TRP is a fantastic 1911. I know many who own and like this gun and I am one of them. I feed mine everything and it eats all of it. This was one of those guns that was too tight for my liking until it had about 700 rounds down the pipe. If you get it you will like it a bunch.
    S&W M&P-15T, XD40 Tac.,& XD40 Subcompact, Springfield 1911 RO and Mil spec, 870 turkey, Benelli SBEII, Rem 750.
    Listen to my scanner feed here. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=46

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Personally, I think the TRP Operator one of the finest factory 1911's one can buy for the price tag. If you don't have use for the rail, the bull barrel or the adjustable rear sight you can save a few bucks on the non-Operator TRP which is still a fine 1911. For me, I like the rail and the bull barrel but could do w/o the adjustable rear sight and often change them out anyway. I also have a full rail TRP 1911 which I'm quite fond of but more from a collecting perspective since they're a little bit more rare. I'm rambling a bit but you really can't go wrong with a TRP and if you're "buddy" is enough of a friend and will set you up with a good price that's even better.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Thanks for the input guys.
    He bought it new when he was deployed and has never shot it.
    Seems like a no brainer to buy for $900.
    Danger Close Knows No Atheists.

$900 is a fantastic price - jump on it!

Machine Gunner

That’s a great price. Last year Centennial Gun Club was blowing them out for just barely over that, I grabbed a stainless version, shot a fair amount through it, figured I really didn’t need another full size 1911, sold it and got more than my money back lol.

Grand Master Know It All hatidua's Avatar

I had a TRP a while back. It really didn't give up too much to the Springfield PRO's that I had, I regretted selling it before it even reached the new owner.

Not sure if you ever bought the TRP but I carried one (mine has the 3/4 rail) as a primary law enforcement duty weapon for approximately 10 years. I love it and will probably never sell it, however I will never carry it for work again. During the guns “Career” two extractors broke and had countless double feeds. The entire gun and magazines had all the springs replaced yearly and it was fully rebuilt by Springfield after about seven years. Great range gun, more accurate than I’ll ever be, but not willing to chance it breaking or not functioning when I need it to.

Grand Master Know It All MrPrena's Avatar

I had TRP Operator.
    Way more good than bad.

GOOD
    -bull barrel
    -well made relative to the price.
    -tank solid.
    -love those heavy barrel

Dont like
    - grip checkering. I bought an adhesive sand paper type, and cut it to fit that front checking. Then I tucked both side under the grip. Looked very nice.
    -little heavy for daily carry or even possible duty carry.

I replaced the trp operator to an mc operator. Then I sold the mc operator to a forum member here due to my wrist issues.
    Since my wrist is about 90%, I dont mind getting more pushy 45acps.

Paper Hunter

From a Springfield fanboy. I love the TRP great gun. I started with the xd service, got the xd subcompact, got a stainless mil-spec and it was all over. The TRP was next and after eight Springfield and one Kimber 1911 I think i might be done. Might is the keyword. It's an addiction and I am an addict.
    S&W M&P-15T, XD40 Tac.,& XD40 Subcompact, Springfield 1911 RO and Mil spec, 870 turkey, Benelli SBEII, Rem 750.
    Listen to my scanner feed here. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/?feedId=46