Close
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Machine Gunner

I have a first gen MPX. Don't hold your breath on any promises they make. Severely disappointed with Sig's customer service.

I bought the 8" version with the understanding that they would be releasing the other length systems and that the barrels and or complete uppers would be available later. So...gen 2 came and went with no uppers or barrels available. We are now effectively on gen 3 and last I looked at their website and last I contacted them there were still none available.

Sig makes a good product. They also make a lot of promises that they don't keep.

As for the question on gas...I never felt mine was any more gassy than just about any other similar 9mm AR style system. Cannot answer about the newer models.
    Last edited by WETWRKS; 03-23-2020 at 21:55.
    If you want peace, prepare for war.

I am my own action figure
    Blog Entries

I have two blowback AR9s that I run suppressed with 8" barrels. Relatively fast, clean powders keep them pretty clean. We have shot them inside the range sheds at Clear Creek from the back wall with just one window open for 30 rounds just to see what it would be like and it was fine. Less obnoxious than the suppressed .223 doing the same thing.
    Good Shooting, MarkCO

www.CarbonArms.us
    www.crci.org

Newbie, or Trading Post Troll TresMonos's Avatar

QuarterCircle 10 makes awesome lowers and uppers...this is my AR9 build.

Machine Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by TresMonos View Post
    QuarterCircle 10 makes awesome lowers and uppers...this is my AR9 build.

I want one of their MP5 mag lower and upper sets.
    If you want peace, prepare for war.

Looks interesting!!! I’ve read a fair amount about the different magazine formats. It seems the consensus is the Glock magazine variations edge out the colt magazine variations by a bit reliability wise? Haven’t seen anything on the mp5 mag variations but I like the look a lot! Have you had any reliability/feeding issues with the colt magazine variant you have?

Thinking hard about just ordering one of the mp5 mag receiver sets!

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianski View Post
    Looks interesting!!! I’ve read a fair amount about the different magazine formats. It seems the consensus is the Glock magazine variations edge out the colt magazine variations by a bit reliability wise? Haven’t seen anything on the mp5 mag variations but I like the look a lot! Have you had any reliability/feeding issues with the colt magazine variant you have?
    Thinking hard about just ordering one of the mp5 mag receiver sets!
    . While the MP5 mag style looks good, you CO guys are stuck with less than 16 round mags.
    The colts have had issues, running the magwell insert, while the dedicated lower works, like the MP5 style greater than 15 rd mags are not available in CO . Legally

The glock style offers a more versatile mag capacity. .
    Last edited by Great-Kazoo; 03-26-2020 at 22:45.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

The only "charity" I ever see from democrats, comes out of someone else's wallet.

I have had some feeding issues with my Colt mag lower AR9. My Glock mag lower AR9's, not as much. It could be due to using aftermarket Colt mags, but I will have to do some more range time/experimenting with the Colt to get it to feed and cycle reliably.
    “Every good citizen makes his country's honor his own, and cherishes it not only as precious but as sacred. He is willing to risk his life in its defense and is conscious that he gains protection while he gives it.” Andrew Jackson

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.