Close

Default The Odessa Files!

Heh. Couldn't resist the title!

Since I know we all love puppy pics, here's the latest "contrast" photo.

First pic, Monday 7/9, right after we got her:

2018-07-09 09.00.45.jpg

And today. Growing like a weed! Now she almost completely covers her bed that sits in my home office! And look at those long legs!

2018-08-27 10.55.51.jpg

She started Puppy School a few weeks ago. Training is going well but she's .... high spirited, let's say that! (OK, she can be stubborn as a mule!)

She's a lot of fun though. Lots of puppy energy. Likes to run around in circles either inside or outside.
    Martin

"When I'm in command, EVERY mission is a suicide mission!" - Zapp Branigan, Democratic Order of Planets

BTW some people have suggested she might have some Catahoula in her. Anybody know anything about them? I looked at them on line and from the shape of her head and muzzle, as well as her coloring, it seems possible.

She's definitely not as "compliant" as our old Heeler was, but she is taking pretty well to training. She's pretty much completely housebroken in both the house and the camper and she's pretty good with boundaries (like we can open the door and she won't run outside or inside if she's out.)
    Martin

"When I'm in command, EVERY mission is a suicide mission!" - Zapp Branigan, Democratic Order of Planets

Fleeing Idaho to get IKEA Bailey Guns's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What a cutie!

My buddy has a Catahoula. Very long legs like hers and a Heeler-like head, just bigger. His dog, Toby, is about 70 lbs. Good dog, high energy but respectful.
    Stella - my best girl ever.
    11/04/1994 - 12/23/2010

"America First!"
    This message brought to you by Donald Trump

Paper Hunter

She is a great looking dog !

Thanks for the update.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey Guns View Post
    What a cutie!

My buddy has a Catahoula. Very long legs like hers and a Heeler-like head, just bigger. His dog, Toby, is about 70 lbs. Good dog, high energy but respectful.
    They also (IIRC) nip at the front, not back legs when herding. They may also (again iirc) nip at the nose when moving cattle. Ours is some part catahoula, they look like a coyote when in pursuit / running, very fast from go.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .