Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ah, well then if you're planning on shooting competition with your IWB holster I guess it makes sense to get one that's easier to re-holster. But for the CCW part itself, it doesn't seem to me to be a primary concern.
    Modern liberalism is based on the idea that reality is obligated to conform to one's beliefs because; "I have the right to believe whatever I want".

"Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

"Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people."
    -Penn Jillette

A World Without Guns <- Great Read!

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    Ah, well then if you're planning on shooting competition with your IWB holster I guess it makes sense to get one that's easier to re-holster. But for the CCW part itself, it doesn't seem to me to be a primary concern.
    To each their own.
    For your convenience, a link to my Feedback

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zundfolge View Post
    That's because you don't practice drawing with it, which you should. If all it takes is moving your shirt and pushing the pistol back into place, you'll be able to practice MANY more draws in a realistic amount of time.

While on one hand I want to have everyone have their own opinion and methods, on the other, I strongly suggest that if you're only focusing on drawing, then you're only doing half the work. ****THIS DOESN'T MEAN FAST REHOLSTERING!!**** There aren't many reasons to reholster quickly, but plenty to do so confidently.

IDPA requires drawing from concealment on all stages unless otherwise noted, so it is great practice for what Grant talked about. I will say that one of the most common issues I see new shooters getting extra attention over, is showing up with holsters that are difficult to reholster. If you have to use both hands to wrangle your gun back into place after every stage, you are almost certainly flagging yourself, which is a big no no in competing. The range officer cares ZERO how often you do this at home without shooting your hand off. They are responsible for your safety and more than one warning and you're looking at a DQ.

To bring it back around, I've never had a non-nylon/elastic holster that was difficult to re holster, so I'm a bit confused.

Probably too lengthy, but there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    That's because you don't practice drawing with it, which you should. If all it takes is moving your shirt and pushing the pistol back into place, you'll be able to practice MANY more draws in a realistic amount of time.

While on one hand I want to have everyone have their own opinion and methods, on the other, I strongly suggest that if you're only focusing on drawing, then you're only doing half the work. ****THIS DOESN'T MEAN FAST REHOLSTERING!!**** There aren't many reasons to reholster quickly, but plenty to do so confidently.

IDPA requires drawing from concealment on all stages unless otherwise noted, so it is great practice for what Grant talked about. I will say that one of the most common issues I see new shooters getting extra attention over, is showing up with holsters that are difficult to reholster. If you have to use both hands to wrangle your gun back into place after every stage, you are almost certainly flagging yourself, which is a big no no in competing. The range officer cares ZERO how often you do this at home without shooting your hand off. They are responsible for your safety and more than one warning and you're looking at a DQ.

To bring it back around, I've never had a non-nylon/elastic holster that was difficult to re holster, so I'm a bit confused.

Probably too lengthy, but there you have it.
    Agreed.

My experience with the Cozy partner is that there is not enough form/strength in the mouth of the holster to stay open far enough to make re-holstering truly feasible without, as Irving stated, using both hands to wrangle the gun back into it.
    For your convenience, a link to my Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Blade Tech.
    Yep. Ultimate Klipt or Klipt models. Cheap, thin, retain, don't collapse. 3+years I've used an Ultimate Klipt.
    Mom's comin' 'round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Anyone that thinks war is good is ignorant. Anyone that thinks war isn't needed is stupid.