Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Oh, and my last post looked fine when I typed it. Didn?t have the question mark until I sent it.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Blog Entries

Just posted on a different forum using the same Tapatalk app that I use to post here and everything is fine. I think the punctuation thing has something to do with this site.

My Feedback

Just curious. Can the question mark issue (among others) be resolved?
    Not sure if the consensus is, that it is annoying enough for folks to look into it or not? I read a few archaic languages & i dont suck at finding patterns/inconsistencies so if pointed in the proper direction I'd even look into it. Just saying.
    - winning is more than wanting to

Grand Master Know It All davsel's Avatar

After the update, when you insert a picture using the From URL tab, it now shows up as a file name link instead of the actual picture.

Quote Originally Posted by davsel View Post
    After the update, when you insert a picture using the From URL tab, it now shows up as a file name link instead of the actual picture.
    Sounds like a permissions issue in the folder (make it owned by the Apache daemon or proper web group) or related to the GD library. I don't have easy access to fix atm, but maybe someone else will read that.

Blog Entries

I?m starting to get pretty used to my funky punctuation. It?s weird how you?re able to almost just tune stuff out after a while.

My Feedback

I've not had any issues embedding images, but I always edit the url to HTTP instead of HTTPS, as many images won't show because of host authentication issues when hotlinked

The question mark thing looks like an issue with quotation marks and apostrophes, but that's all I've noticed consistently...
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

Quote Originally Posted by TFOGGER View Post
    I've not had any issues embedding images, but I always edit the url to HTTP instead of HTTPS, as many images won't show because of host authentication issues when hotlinked

The question mark thing looks like an issue with quotation marks and apostrophes, but that's all I've noticed consistently...
    I don't have a *solid* running theory on that. For nerdy peoples background: Encoding issues often crop up, but this is slightly new to me. Quotes were traditionally a major security risk to a database and had to be properly encoded (changed from a quote before sent to the database). However, even when not properly "displayed" they are several characters. I'm not sure why it's just a question mark. Could be from an upgrade to PHP 7 removing support for a legacy vb database encoding function, and vb in it's processing code might somehow degrade into question marks. I'm not sure and don't have time to look into it deeper, but there is some possibility it may not be an easy fix. (PHP 7 removed a lot of support for old functions of PHP 4, which may require a lot of recoding).

Blog Entries

Sounds like you should just smack something with a hammer, foxtrot.

My Feedback

????????

The 8 question marks weren't typed as such, but are 8 different special characters on my Samsung keyboard. Its not just the occasional apostrophe=? in tapatalk.
    Last edited by ChickNorris; 11-10-2018 at 02:04.
    - winning is more than wanting to