Close
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Gunner

Default Still cheaper to build?

I'm not talking high end $1000+ items. There are some amazing deals right now on complete carbines anywhere from $575 (Aero AC-15) to $780 (FN model 36001), even a Colt 6920 for $850. Every time I've thought about building a pistol or carbine just to get a functional good quality item it seems to take $800 +. I'd like to get a good sd/home defense that goes bang everytime and won't blow up or fall apart at a couple hundred round range session. Thanks.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

The 6920's seem to be locked in that price for some time. You can build for a good price, or pick up low mileage used factory gun. Depends where you look and what web sites are offering deals. Outside the bbl, trigger group and bcg, IMO, everything else is merely a frame to build on.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Blog Entries

Haven?t checked prices in a while but I think you can still get a serviceable carbine for around $500. Something like a S&W M&P or something similar.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

PSA is even cheaper, $375-$400 for a good entry level carbine. Keep checking their daily deals. They were running a PSA complete moe lower for $129 and the matching upper for $229, that was about a week ago.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    كفّار
    My Feedback

Machine Gunner

Excellent, thanks guys. This will be for one of my sons, he just started a new job and doesn’t want/can’t drop a lot of money for something.

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mazin View Post
    PSA is even cheaper, $375-$400 for a good entry level carbine. Keep checking their daily deals. They were running a PSA complete moe lower for $129 and the matching upper for $229, that was about a week ago.
    I got a complete mid-length PSA upper a while back that was a blem on clearance for I think $169 or $179. When it arrived the handguard was busted up so they gave me a small credit to offset the damage so I could replace the handguard. they recently released a space force stripped lower for $39.99 so I got one of those because I thought it would make for a cool build. They also had their Urban grey Moe lower build kit on sale I think for $99, possibly less. I just need to source a rear sight and then it's ready to shoot for well under $300. If you're patient and shop enough it's a really good time to build some rifles.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Grand Master Know It All kidicarus13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    I got a complete mid-length PSA upper a while back that was a blem on clearance for I think $169 or $179. When it arrived the handguard was busted up so they gave me a small credit to offset the damage so I could replace the handguard. they recently released a space force stripped lower for $39.99 so I got one of those because I thought it would make for a cool build. They also had their Urban grey Moe lower build kit on sale I think for $99, possibly less. I just need to source a rear sight and then it's ready to shoot for well under $300.
    Nice work
    Lessons cost money. Good ones cost lots. -Tony Beets

Glock Armorer for sexual favors Jer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kidicarus13 View Post
    Nice work
    I was just telling a buddy about this the other day and I'm still not sure why I even did it. It's like everytime I see something that comprises a rifle on sale I get this wild urge to build another budget rifle. One of these days I need to stop building budget rifles because I already have more than I know what to do with. It's just something about the chase of the deal that makes me think building another budget rifle is somehow saving me money when all I'm doing is spending more money.
    I'm not fat, I'm tactically padded.
    Tactical Commander - Fast Action Response Team (F.A.R.T.)
    For my feedback Click Here.
    Click: For anyone with a dog or pets, please read

Varmiteer

Default Still cheaper to build?

If you don?t mind waiting for their slow shipping PSA is always a good option. I?ve done several builds with their complete build kits plus a stripped lower. I?ve found MOE build kits during their sales for $300 and a stripped lower for $40.

I?ve got builds in my safe that I?m well into for a couple grand and to the average shooter they wouldn?t notice the difference between my big money guns and my PSA guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow shipping?

On what?

I've never had a problem getting them to ship what I ordered in a timely manner.

Sure, they have to build what you order (assembled uppers), but I've never had that take more than ~2-4 days,
    For your convenience, a link to my Feedback