Close
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Possesses Antidote for "Cool" Gman's Avatar

Anything coming out of a politicians mouth is B.S., particularly if they're trying to get elected.

I think the Dems will be emboldened by the new demographics of the state and they'll be full throttle on pushing their agendas.

Sent from my electronic leash using Tapatalk
    "Be not intimidated...nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency.
    These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice."
    ― John Adams
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
    Winston Churchill

Grand Master Know It All kidicarus13's Avatar

POLIS:
    Strengthen penalties for black-market gun salesBlack-market gun sales are enabling violent criminals and gangs to purchase firearms without background checks. The root of this issue is gun theft. In 2015 and 2016 alone, smash-and-grab gun store robberies resulted in nearly 400 guns being stolen in Colorado. We should work to equip gun shops with strong security measures like closed-circuit cameras, discrete signage, and reinforced windows, which are already required of marijuana dispensaries in Colorado. We can also look to the example of Richmond, Va., who have strengthened penalties for illegal gun sales--and seen armed robberies and gun homicides drop substantially as a result.
    I've encountered few issues as polarizing as our nation's deadly gun violence epidemic. It shouldn't be this way. Like most Coloradans, I support our Second Amendment right to use guns for defense and sport. And like most Coloradans, I think we should take action to reduce gun violence and help save lives. Nothing about these views is incompatible.
    Source:?2018 Colorado Gubernatorial website PolisForColorado.com?, Jul 4, 2018

Ban military-style weapons; plus CDC studies gun violence[In the wake of the deadly Parkland school shooting]: "This is a case where the public interest in safety needs to win out over special interest politics," he said.
    Polis said common-sense measures are needed including the banning of military-style weapons, not allowing access to guns to those who have temporary restraining orders and allow for the Centers for Disease Control and others to conduct gun violence research. He added that saying there's no easy solution is not an excuse for inaction.
    Source: The Coloradoan on 2018 Colorado gubernatorial debate , Mar 3, 2018

Supports gun-control legislationQ: Do you generally support gun-control legislation?
    A: Yes.
    Source: Colorado Vote Smart 2016 Political Courage Test , Nov 1, 2016

Banning weapons violates the Second AmendmentRep. Jared Polis says he thinks banning weapons possessed by law-abiding people violates the Second Amendment: "I believe it would make it harder for Colorado families to defend themselves and also interfere with the recreational use of guns by law- abiding Coloradans," Polis said. "If we want to reduce violence, we should invest in improving our schools to ensure that young people have jobs and do not turn to gangs, crime or violence of any form, and improving access to mental health services."Source: Denver Post on 2018 Colorado gubernatorial race , Jan 24, 2013
    Lessons cost money. Good ones cost lots. -Tony Beets

So, Polis is a mealy mouthed, two faced, lying sonofabitch politician? This is my surprised face...

Politicians will say whatever they think potential voters want to hear. His prior actions speak louder than all the bullshit pouring out of that ugly hole under his nose. The communists can pass all of the laws they want, without our consent or approval. Enforcement and compliance are a whole other animal.
    Light a fire for a man, and he'll be warm for a day, light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Discussion is an exchange of intelligence. Argument is an exchange of
    ignorance. Ever found a liberal that you can have a discussion with?

Grand Master Know It All newracer's Avatar

This is from a post on that other AR15 site.

Call your reps....I called mine and he actually called me back.
    I spoke with Senator Don Coram today . The general feeling is they may push for Red Flag again. Bans? Possible but according to Mr Coram highly unlikely and according to what he said will get a lot and I mean a lot of push back.

He said they still remember the recalls quite vividly. Someone he speaks to on the other side is a marine vet who just was elected to the Pueblo seat.....They remember 2013 trust me. I am not saying a ban wouldn't happen but its very unlikely as its toxic politically to even discuss such things. They went with a mag ban over an assault weapons ban because of the potential backlash.

He did say some sort of gun control is likely but a ban? Odds are against it. Red flag though in some way, shape or form? Count on it.
    I will say that he did mention the GOP will fight if anything nasty comes down the pike and unlike a lot of politicians who say well I support the 2nd. Don bought his first AR 3 weeks ago.

Bottom line Red Flag is the low hanging fruit. Bans are so high up on the tree they would really want to pull it down to get to it.
    I concluded the call with him saying "You have my number so call me any time you have concerns on anything happening at the capital."

High Power Shooter

Red flag needs to be ruled against sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric P View Post
    Red flag needs to be ruled against sooner than later.
    It's going to take one hell of a case to do that since simply depriving an American of a civil right that SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED apparently isn't enough.

We're going to need a plaintiff who was harmed after being disarmed, lived through it, and has $200K+ in his pocket.

Again, I'm ready to donate to any serious challenge on these state level infringements we think can go all the way.
    Always eat the vegans first

Quote Originally Posted by Will1776 View Post
    "Rep. Jared Polis, D-Boulder, says he thinks banning weapons possessed by law-abiding people violates the Second Amendment.

?I believe it would make it harder for Colorado families to defend themselves and also interfere with the recreational use of guns by law-abiding Coloradans,? Polis said. ?If we want to reduce violence, we should invest in improving our schools to ensure that young people have jobs and do not turn to gangs, crime or violence of any form, and improving access to mental health services.?"

https://www.denverpost.com/2013/01/2...t-weapons-ban/

There might be some hope. Yes, an older article, but important info. I don't doubt that if he feels it won't affect his reelection much he would sign any ban.

Leftists have stacked mountains of skulls in the 20th century......what makes you think they are any different now?
    It's 1932 again and Conservatives are the new Jew

MOLON LABE

Machine Gunner

The 'dems are much better at playing the long game than the 'pubs:

Shannon Watts going up against Cory Gardner in 2020. We've all been wondering why she moved here? Her sugar daddy thought he'd own Colorado first. He was right.

I'd put money on it. Bloomberg will pour dizzying amounts of money into the race; his previous donations will pale by comparison, if necessary.

O2

Ps. For the record this is not my observation, but I agree with it:

https://gunfreezone.net/what-the-dem...eir-new-power/
    Last edited by O2HeN2; Yesterday at 09:02.
    When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away...
    They'll never take your "hunting rifle", they'll call it a "sniper rifle" first.
    Gun registration is gun confiscation in slow motion.
    Zero failures comes at infinite cost.
    You are the FIRST responder. Police, fire and medical are SECOND responders.
    By eliminating fear of guns you'll put fear back in criminals.