Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dash Cam

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't see why not. If you mean for a basic accident with no obvious injuries when they are on scene, I can't imagine the police would even bother. Attorneys rarely get involved without injuries.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc

I’ve seen a video where the officer seized a motorcyclist’s GoPro, stating there was probable cause to believe it contained evidence of wreckless driving. Who knows if it was ruled admissible, but I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t.

I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The police can basically do whatever they want at the time. There have been stories of trying to confiscate SD cards out of phones of passersbys in the past before constantly recording the police became the norm.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc

I have several Spytec A119 cameras. They’re not completely hidden, but I’d say they’re pretty inconspicuous. They are wedge-shaped and attach to the glass.

I bought them a little over a year ago on Amazon. I hardwired front and rear in my SUV so they come on automatically. I haven’t had a need to use any footage, but it does provide some peace of mind.
    OK. I kinda miss the extra money. I may be willing to do a few new NFA Trusts... PM me with your email address and I'll send some preliminary information. If you don't give me your email address, I can't send the info. I won't go back and forth with PMs.

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/90547-NFATrustGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NFATrustGuy View Post
    I have several Spytec A119 cameras. They’re not completely hidden, but I’d say they’re pretty inconspicuous. They are wedge-shaped and attach to the glass.

I bought them a little over a year ago on Amazon. I hardwired front and rear in my SUV so they come on automatically. I haven’t had a need to use any footage, but it does provide some peace of mind.
    Unless you're incapacitated, the mini 0906 has a GPS mount that sticks to the windshield and the camera just pops off in a flash. You do have to unplug the rear camera cable from the camera body itself, but it's just a USB. The sd card slot is also very accessible.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

Quote Originally Posted by NFATrustGuy View Post

The A119 (perhaps even more so than the newer A129(?)) is a great value wedge dashcam. Very popular.
    My Feedback

Originally Posted by TFOGGER : Liberals only want things to be "fair and just" if it benefits them.
    Originally posted by Zundfolge: The left only supports two "rights"; Buggery and Infanticide.
    Originally posted by roberth: List of things Government does best; 1. Steal your money 2. Steal your time 3. Waste the money they stole from you. 4. Waste your time making you ask permission for things you have a natural right to own.

I have Spytec G1WH's in all our vehicles . . . not hidden by any means but affordable and have worked pretty well so far. You do need to be sure to buy High Endurance SD cards, though. If you don't they can die after being overwritten so many times. Have them hard wired to go on/off with the ignition.

Came in handy when my son got into an accident and "couldn't remember what happened" . . . only for me to pull the video up and find he was talking on the phone and not paying attention when turning left at a light.

High Power Shooter electronman1729's Avatar

Another good feature to have as well is the ability to link with my phone of an easy download. Still haven't made up my mind.
    Deplorable millennial born 30 years too late

I've had this one in two of my cars for a year now.

https://www.amazon.com/Rexing-Dashbo...ocL&ref=plSrch

They offer a version with the rear camera also. Works good and inexpensive.