Close
    Blog Entries

Default Streamlight TLR-7

Anyone have one? What do you think about it.

Looking for something small to stick on a Glock 19. I was considering the Inforce APL-C before I knew the TLR-7 existed.

Thanks.

People say nothing is impossible but I do nothing every day.
    My Feedback

Got a couple. Good light output. I like the small size. Some folks have trouble with the switch. I have the benefit of large hands and long fingers but some folks with average size hands have complained its difficult to reach without changing their grip.

There were also some complaints with flickering on the early model but I believe they have corrected that. I bought mine 6 months ago and have not noticed any flickering at all.
    Last edited by thvigil11; 01-07-2019 at 19:45.

Blog Entries

Thanks. I am sort of concerned about reaching the switches. I have small hands. Pretty sure with a normal grip my trigger finger won?t reach the front of the trigger guard. I am hoping with a two hand grip I can activate it with my left thumb or something.

My Feedback

Yep. I'd say find a shop that will let you experiment. I can easily activate with my support hand thumb but I got gorilla hands.

Got a few, as well as some tlr8. I like them much more than the tlr1 and 1hl. The flood and center is more uniform- less random hotspots. The bezel ?off? feature is great for NVG use and light discipline. The new switch style and bezel off feature makes them an excellent replacement for tlr1s on carbines. No more accidental activation and battery drain in the range bag.

Now for a short rant...

I STRONGLY recommend DO NOT USE YOUR TRIGGER FINGER TO ACTIVATE THE LIGHT (any weapon light) unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

You press in (towards centerline of the gun) and hold for momentary activation and ?click? for on

Doing this with your trigger finger is more likely to result in ND than on the standard Surefire or original streamlight paddle designs.

if you have carbine training for your support thumb already supporting thumb activation, it?s a no brained to keep it the same for pistol.

There?s already too many LOE ND cases with trigger finger activation of weapon lights as primary cause.

Trigger finger has enough to worry about with a good press. Let?s not add complexity to the part for the shooting system MOST burdened. Offload some work to your other 9 digits. Offhand thumb activation FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "its like a f****** turkey shoot" -Travis Haley

WOODSMITH

I have one on a G19. I use my left thumb to activate.

Finding a holster that would accommodate it was a real hassle. I ended up sending the light to Andy and having him make me one.
    "It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your ignorance"

Thomas Sowell

www.timkulincabinetry.com

See our reviews below:

http://www.thumbtack.com/Tim-Kulin-C...service/788419

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone.

I caught one on sale for $99 so it?s on it?s way and should show up today.

I already looked into holsters and it looks like I have quite a few options that would suit my needs. Not sure if I?ll get one ordered this weekend but likely I?ll deal with it next weekend.

My Feedback

Blog Entries

So, the TLR-7 arrived yesterday. Pretty sure it was designed specifically to fit the Glock 19 as the contours of the switch housing follow the front of the trigger guard perfectly. For giggles I tossed it on a Sig P229. Fits the 229 very well also and looks great but doesn't match up with the shape of the front of the trigger guard like it does on the 19. Also briefly tried it on a full size pistol (Sig P226, MK25) just to see how it looked and fit. It fit the 1913 rail on the MK25 very nicely. The light came even with the front of the dust cover leaving about a half inch of slide protruding beyond the light. It's definitely a small light but really bright. Woke up and turned it on and pointed it at the closet and blinded the shit out of myself. While it isn't as bright as the 1,000 lumen lights I have on my long guns, it's plenty bright for use on a handgun. While the strobe feature is controversial in some circles, I like the option of having the strobe feature available so I activated it. I can't activate the light with my trigger finger if I wanted to as the switch is just a little too far away for me but working it with the thumb of my support hand is easy. Still might pick up an Inforce APLC just to compare it to the TLR-7.

My Feedback

Grand Master Know It All MrPrena's Avatar

I like it more than x300 and tlr1.

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/18822-P...=1#post2157531

Blog Entries

Pictures. Just because.

Streamlight TLR-7 on Glock 19.

And on Sig P229.

My Feedback