Close
Page 1 of 84 1234561151 ... LastLast
    I'm the OPie of this thread Irving's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default General vehicle thread

This is a thread dedicated to general vehicle related things. There were some interesting articles in the electric vehicle thread, no need to restrict the subject. I'll kick us off with an article about an inexpensive back-up camera that installs like a license plate frame and is wireless.

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/09/fensens-ces-2019/

Here is an article about a camera system that makes your trailer see through. The original idea this stemmed from seems even more dangerous!

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/07/...ler-disappear/
    Minimize, minimize, minimize.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Was looking at that device, the other day. For the money I'd slap one on the assault van.

Still have to invest in a dash cam, the scenery around here is camera worthy.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

I like vehicles. Know a bit about them. Always wanted to make my own but doubt I'll ever have the garage space... not until each of my beautiful outbuildings is bigger than the house... that's a while off, if ever... but a girl can dream to have a dedicated building for each speciality workshop, riiight?
    - winning is more than wanting to
    - death is infinite patience
    - delete this

Blog Entries

A lot of the articles I've been seeing have been coming out of the latest CES trade show in Vegas. I was reading something about a new material from North face that is supposed to be the most breathable waterproof fabric yet. In that article they mentioned using said fabric for tents. Apparently BMW got them to win a mini camp trailer, and now I want one.

https://www.topgear.com/car-news/con...d-fix-caravans

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChickNorris View Post
    I like vehicles. Know a bit about them. Always wanted to make my own but doubt I'll ever have the garage space... not until each of my beautiful outbuildings is bigger than the house... that's a while off, if ever... but a girl can dream to have a dedicated building for each speciality workshop, riiight?
    Absolutely. IF the shop ever gets built, we have enough outbuildings to use them for dedicated things. Like turn 1 in to the meat processing & curing shed, guest house in another.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Since its the vehicle thread... GARAGE

there. Back on topic
    - winning is more than wanting to
    - death is infinite patience
    - delete this

I need a new vehicle, mine is 19 years old and just went past 259000 miles. But I need a new job to afford a new vehicle. Facing age discrimination at this point but still pushing forward. Maybe I will win the lotto or PCH!!!

Then I can have a BIG garage and workshop.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."
    George S. Patton

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
    Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth."
    John F. Kennedy

?A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment, and is designed for the special use of mechanical geniuses, daredevils and lunatics.?
    George Fitch. c 1916.

Blog Entries

I'm hoping to get my van past 250,000 miles before I get something else. Shouldn't take too long since I'm at 218,000 now. Van is only 8 years old though.

Machine Gunner

I'd maybe get them to move this to the general information section, will stay on front page a lot longer rather than disappear 5 pages back without a bump in a couple days.

Might be a pipe dream after I saw how bad house prices even out east in severance/eaton were. (trying to find something in the sticks around fort collins but needs to have paved road at least once off property)
    But one of my priorities is a true 3 car. (Been seeing some of these 2 cars being advertised as 3 wtf), or ideally just get my first garage structure so I have room to actually do some work on my vehicles in a covered area and store all the bikes. Wife will hate a house downsize but don't need a massive house for 2 people + dogs.

I'm sure way out of my price range, but one of the members here near brighton was a very cool housing area where they had attached garages that were like 1.5 stories high, what I'd call a 2.5 car garage width, but massively long front to back.

Blog Entries

It can be stickied if it's popular. We already had car thread of a sort, but it got closed.

Apparently there is very cheap property way out East, but it'd be total remodel situations.