Close

Default Primary Arms ACCS Cyclops prism - any feedback

Looking for feedback on this prism scope, I use the Vortex Spitfire now but the reticle looks interesting for longer shots(300-600).

if you have one please let me know your thoughts.

Ok, I think your confusing the recticle. The 3/4 Circle / chevron is the aiming recticle, the lines under it is for range estimation.

Honestly a Spitfire with a 200/300 yard zero will out perform this in competition.

AUTO RANGING

Underneath the horseshoe and chevron are four horizontal ranging bars. These bars offer two methods to quickly estimate your range to a target. To vertically range the target, line up the bottom of the target with the bottom ranging bar and then measure upwards. If the top of the target reaches the highest ranging line, the target is 200 yards away. The other lines indicate 300 and 400-yard distances. The second ranging method is to use the horizontal the width of the ranging lines. Each line correlates to an 18-inch wide target at that specific distance, 200, 300, or 400 yards away. This is useful if you?re estimating the range of a target that?s partially obscured in long grass or behind a rise in the ground, making it impossible to range vertically. The ranging capabilities combined with the ACSS Chevron?s BDC calibration gives you the power to take more intelligent and accurate shots on targets at an unknown distance. For example, if you vertically range a target to approximately halfway between the 200-yard and 300-yard ranging lines, you can use that information to select a point of aim about halfway between the top and bottom chevron tips and give yourself the best possible opportunity to put that round on target.

I have the spitfire, actually I have 3 of them but I have 2 issues with them. The Spitfire AR electronics are unreliable, I have had 3 replaced because the illumination will start coming on and off with recoil. Not an issue with the original version of which I have 1. Second, because I only have a dot sometime you can loose your horizontal. Missing at 500 hundred then realizing you are canted at 5 degrees. It seems having some additional input on the reticule could help with that.

I have been running these for several years in comp and generally I am very please but I get sick of pulling them off and returning them, then rezeroing.