Close
    Grand Master Know It All SouthPaw's Avatar

Default Colt King Cobra - 2019

Surprised no one has talked about this yet. Who is going to be in line to get one?

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...lt-king-cobra/

With availability starting in January 2019, consumers can head to their dealers to find the latest addition to the Colt revolver family, which is constructed on a frame machined from American-sourced stainless steel and complete with a brushed-stainless finish. The solid, heavy-duty frame is paired with a full-lug barrel measuring 3 inches long. Total capacity in the Cobra's cylinder is six rounds, which sets all of Colt's small-frame guns apart from comparably sized revolvers featuring only a five-round cylinder capacity.

"But when it's time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark; and brother, it's startin' to rain."

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Looked at a few of the 2" in Dec. Not interested in 1 atm, not that the wheel gun isn't up to snuff. Just not seeing one in the collection for the price point.
    Last edited by Great-Kazoo; 01-21-2019 at 21:54.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

Machine Gunner

Always prefer S&W when it comes to round guns and there are a lot of very nice pre-lock Smiths available for the same money. However it’s a good thing when a company brings out new products. I hope it’s a good seller.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc45 View Post
    Always prefer S&W when it comes to round guns and there are a lot of very nice pre-lock Smiths available for the same money. However it’s a good thing when a company brings out new products. I hope it’s a good seller.
    Me too. I like the old Colt revolvers but they aren't Smith so I don't own any.

To me party of the charm with Colt is their legend and the relative scarcity of their older guns. That makes it all the more exclusive. Now that they are making more I wonder if the value will go down at all on the older ones and I do wonder what the build quality will be on these. I guess time will tell.

I wonder if Colt will continue to have cylinder timing issues. Sorry hard pass
    I say lets all remove the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nagant1984 View Post
    To me party of the charm with Colt is their legend and the relative scarcity of their older guns. That makes it all the more exclusive. Now that they are making more I wonder if the value will go down at all on the older ones and I do wonder what the build quality will be on these. I guess time will tell.
    Not at all. A new Stang, charger or camero hasn't made a dent in the muscle car era ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Osprey View Post
    I wonder if Colt will continue to have cylinder timing issues. Sorry hard pass
    That issue and the lack of qualified Colt revolver smiths, without a 6 month - 1yr + wait time . Is the reason i passed on a Python with box and had some "action" work, with documentation this weekend.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

It doesn’t look like a Colt anymore, so I’m not interested. The trigger guard looks like a Charter Arms gun.

High Power Shooter

Quote Originally Posted by kpp80202 View Post
    It doesn’t look like a Colt anymore, so I’m not interested. The trigger guard looks like a Charter Arms gun.
    Yup- They should have worked the trigger guard and trigger to look more like a proper Colt product. The trigger looks like something out of a high school shop project.