Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first Ar-15

First 30 day Probationary User

Thanks for the trigger tips fellas. Ordered a cmc dit for starters. I should have waited and ordered the MBT to start. Will probably do that for the next build.
    New fun hobby for me , like legos all over again for adults

I like the 2 stage triggers like the MBT on a long range gun. On shorter range / faster shooting guns I like the single stage like the CMC.

My 18" ar has a 4.5-18 scope, and an MBT. My 16" AR has a 1-4 scope and a CMC. My 10" AR pistol has a strikefire red dot and a CMC.

Shoot me a PM if you'd like to try to meet up over at Bristlecone Shooting Center one of these days, I can bring one of each for you to get a feel for the difference.
    Last edited by DenverGP; 02-05-2019 at 00:43.
    'Unless a law-abiding individual has a firearm for his or her own defense, the police typically arrive after it is too late. With rigor mortis setting in, they mark and bag the evidence, interview bystanders, and draw a chalk outline on the ground' - Judge Benitez , 2019, Duncan v. Becerra.

'One of the ordinary modes by which Tyrants accomplish their purpose without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms.' Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840.

Just tried it out for the first time today meeting up with DenverGP, what a great guy!

He taught me a lot and graciously let me shoot a couple of his rigs with upgraded triggers.
    I could really tell the difference from my gritty milspec to his CMC & MBT.
    Certainly liked the 2 stage in comparison. So both are now on the way, although the Larue might take longer to arrive.

Thanks for all the recommendations!

Was a fun range visit, and your gun shoots as nice as it looks. Very impressive for your first ever AR, and even more so knowing you built it all, including milling the 80% lower.

I've been wanting to try out the 80% thing, and now I know who to call when I decide to get started.
    'Unless a law-abiding individual has a firearm for his or her own defense, the police typically arrive after it is too late. With rigor mortis setting in, they mark and bag the evidence, interview bystanders, and draw a chalk outline on the ground' - Judge Benitez , 2019, Duncan v. Becerra.

'One of the ordinary modes by which Tyrants accomplish their purpose without resistance is by disarming the people and making it an offense to keep arms.' Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840.

OtterbatHellcat OtterbatHellcat's Avatar

Neato for sure.
    Group "W" Ranch

ΜΟΛ
    ΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My Feedback

The "Godfather" of COAR Great-Kazoo's Avatar

Looks like you built a nice Tier - FUN, carbine.
    The Great Kazoo's Feedback

Ask Yourself: What's more terrifying? Fear or the Frightened .

I know where Sartre was when he wrote: Hell is other people. ----- Denver

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    Giggle
    - winning is more than wanting to
    - death is infinite patience
    - corn

FWIW- attempting to clean up a mil-spec trigger is generally a waste. They are case hardened and most of the time when you polish out the factory grinding scratches (which ranges from the Grand Canyon to your driveway scratches) you have cut through the case hardening.

I have run the Geisselle triggers very hard and they last.
    Attempting to change human behavior by regulating a mechanical device is an exercise in futility, ignorance and most importantly, arrogance.

MOLON LABE

+1 for Larue MTB's. Plus he is running weekly drawings for those who purchase certain items such as those MTB's.
    Armageddon was yesterday, today we have a real problem.

Despite what your momma told you violence does solve problems-The Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Great-Kazoo View Post
    Yes sir I did, we all gotta start somewhere. Its as you described ,just a fun, gun.
    For my second build, Taking it up a notch (or4), a tier 5 bcm might do well, do they offer 80% for machinists?
    Just learning